Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very average player IMO, had one good season for Villa, one good season in his career really. Hes a midtable player - top 6 at best certainly not top 4 or champions league quality, most unbiased fans that watch the game would accept this.

Like I said I honestly believe Ireland is as good centre midfield (and qualifys as home grown and cost us nothing) SWP and Johnson are as good on the wing (Johnson cost us £9 million) Yes it does matter what we spend with the financial fair play rules comming in. I would actually argue that Johnson already is a better wide player and will continue to improve.

Its going to be impossible to justify spending £25 - £30 million when hes basically a £12 - £15 million player. Not better than what we have he simply will not move the team on. Hope the Sheik has been watching the world cup and puts a stop to this one TBH, its another Lescott type of deal will be difficult and devisive to push through, not a top 4 player and not worth half of what they want for him.

Keep our decent home grown players for the quota and go all out for the likes of Silva, Yaya Toure, Dezko who are actually champions league quality and will be an improvement on what we already have. Just my opinion.

BringBackSwales said:
johnmc said:
Milner performances for England have been average which is better than a lot in the england team. The thing is Milner is never anything but average. Yes Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard were poor really but they are exceptional in the premier league mopre often than not whereas Milner churns out average performance after average performance.

Consistant if nothing else

you base that on watching villa how many times? Ask a villa fan and see what they say about that, they would say he is outstanding in the majority of matches, and not just last season, or certainly the 4 that I speak to all say that

-- Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:14 am --

johnmc said:
Milner performances for England have been average which is better than a lot in the england team. The thing is Milner is never anything but average. Yes Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard were poor really but they are exceptional in the premier league mopre often than not whereas Milner churns out average performance after average performance.

Consistant if nothing else

I assume it is because he is average week after week that his fellow professionals voted him into the premier league team of the year? ycmiu

How many games did they base it on?

alera said:
Very average player IMO, had one good season for Villa, one good season in his career really. Hes a midtable player - top 6 at best certainly not top 4 or champions league quality, most unbiased fans that watch the game would accept this.

Like I said I honestly believe Ireland is as good centre midfield (and qualifys as home grown and cost us nothing) SWP and Johnson are as good on the wing (Johnson cost us £9 million) Yes it does matter what we spend with the financial fair play rules comming in. I would actually argue that Johnson already is a better wide player and will continue to improve.

Its going to be impossible to justify spending £25 - £30 million when hes basically a £12 - £15 million player. Not better than what we have he simply will not move the team on. Hope the Sheik has been watching the world cup and puts a stop to this one TBH, its another Lescott type of deal will be difficult and devisive to push through, not a top 4 player and not worth half of what they want for him.

Keep our decent home grown players for the quota and go all out for the likes of Silva, Yaya Toure, Dezko who are actually champions league quality and will be an improvement on what we already have. Just my opinion.

Have to agree with this too, just short of the level we need to push us on.

If we get him i'll happily be proven wrong but right now i see him in the same bracket as Ireland, give Stevie game time in the Europa and he could play himself back into top form, and we'd be £30 million better off.

johnmc said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
If Wiki is correct:

GK Joe Hart Birmingham City 1
DF Branislav Ivanović Chelsea 1
DF Patrice Evra Manchester United 3
DF Richard Dunne Aston Villa 1
DF Thomas Vermaelen Arsenal 1
MF Antonio Valencia Manchester United 1
MF Cesc Fàbregas Arsenal 2
MF Darren Fletcher Manchester United 1
MF James Milner Aston Villa 1
FW Didier Drogba Chelsea 2
FW Wayne Rooney Manchester United 2

All very average players...

So fletcher made it did he. Interesting

Why?

alera said:

AGREE with everything except the lescot bit...i think over time lescott will prove to be a bargain....until his injury he was playing really well last season

Personally i think its dangerous to be giving our rivals what is actually a very large amount of money to a lot of clubs in the premier league. Think we would be better spending our money abroad, we'd get better quality and we wouldnt be giving a rival team £30M to help rebuild and strengthen there teams. Queue that rag comments lol.

keemcfc said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
He's shit.

Made me lol :)<br /><br />-- Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:10 pm --<br /><br />Decent player but the reported 28m fee is laughable.
Villa be happy as pigs in shit if they get anything near 28m

alera said:

are we just basing this on milner will just turn to shit now and he will have only ever had one decent season?

leewill31 said:
alera said:

are we just basing this on milner will just turn to shit now and he will have only ever had one decent season?

well its not like it hasnt happened before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.