Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
BringBackSwales said:
johnmc said:
Milner performances for England have been average which is better than a lot in the england team. The thing is Milner is never anything but average. Yes Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard were poor really but they are exceptional in the premier league mopre often than not whereas Milner churns out average performance after average performance.

Consistant if nothing else

you base that on watching villa how many times? Ask a villa fan and see what they say about that, they would say he is outstanding in the majority of matches, and not just last season, or certainly the 4 that I speak to all say that

All our seasoned players underperformed so lets not slate a relative newbie to the England team..

James Milner is a good player and one for the future tbh.

BringBackSwales said:
johnmc said:
Milner performances for England have been average which is better than a lot in the england team. The thing is Milner is never anything but average. Yes Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard were poor really but they are exceptional in the premier league mopre often than not whereas Milner churns out average performance after average performance.

Consistant if nothing else

you base that on watching villa how many times? Ask a villa fan and see what they say about that, they would say he is outstanding in the majority of matches, and not just last season, or certainly the 4 that I speak to all say that

I assume it is because he is average week after week that his fellow professionals voted him into the premier league team of the year? ycmiu

10-15 times last season. I cannot recall him ever standing out for being very poor or very good. He is an decent average player in my eyes. Nothing more nothing less and I guess every team needs a few of these - but not for £30m.

So in this premier league team what was the rest of it?

for gods sake peeps, he doesnt need to stand out. Mancini wants to sign him because he works endlessly, we only have 1 midfielder that works as hard and that is De Jong, dont know about any of you's but i am sick of seeing City 70% of games getting out played, out ran and bullied of the ball in midfield, players like Milner and Yaya Toure would not let this happen!

That England performance yesterday proved we should not be buying english players, certainly not Milner and certainly not for £30 million. Hes no better than what we already have in the shape of Ireland centre midfield and SWP, Johnson playing on the wing.

Look at the quality of the German and Dutch players and they cost half as much. Buy German and Dutch players, a few argies as well thats how we will finish in the top 4 not buying midtable english players like Milner.

Totally not on board with this one TBH.

PS no more Brazilians either.

johnmc said:
BringBackSwales said:

I assume it is because he is average week after week that his fellow professionals voted him into the premier league team of the year? ycmiu

10-15 times last season. I cannot recall him ever standing out for being very poor or very good. He is an decent average player in my eyes. Nothing more nothing less and I guess every team needs a few of these - but not for £30m.

So in this premier league team what was the rest of it?

look it up youself you lazy ****

-- Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:26 pm --

johnmc said:
Bringbackswales - have you got the rest of that Premier league team?

google it you lazy ****, and do not ask me to do your errands for you again

If Wiki is correct:

GK Joe Hart Birmingham City 1
DF Branislav Ivanović Chelsea 1
DF Patrice Evra Manchester United 3
DF Richard Dunne Aston Villa 1
DF Thomas Vermaelen Arsenal 1
MF Antonio Valencia Manchester United 1
MF Cesc Fàbregas Arsenal 2
MF Darren Fletcher Manchester United 1
MF James Milner Aston Villa 1
FW Didier Drogba Chelsea 2
FW Wayne Rooney Manchester United 2

All very average players...

alera said:
That England performance yesterday proved we should not be buying english players, certainly not Milner and certainly not for £30 million. Hes no better than what we already have in the shape of Ireland centre midfield and SWP, Johnson playing on the wing.

Look at the quality of the German and Dutch players and they cost half as much. Buy German and Dutch players, a few argies as well thats how we will finish in the top 4 not buying midtable english players like Milner.

Thats why when spending the kind of money we are talking here, it's not based on a one off performance in a team full of out of form players.

alera said:

The problem is when the home grown rule comes into play. The german teams have not been outstanding in the Champs League for a good few seasons beacuse they all went back to trying to play more home grown players in their teams thus giving them experience at the top level and they have got better. I'm not saying there are 11 nationals in the club side, but a focus towards a higher percentage

Ultimately a rule will come in for number of English players in the team and I would like us to be better prepared for this by buying and nuturing the best, which will noy only help us but also the national team

The Fat el Hombre said:
If Wiki is correct:

GK Joe Hart Birmingham City 1
DF Branislav Ivanović Chelsea 1
DF Patrice Evra Manchester United 3
DF Richard Dunne Aston Villa 1
DF Thomas Vermaelen Arsenal 1
MF Antonio Valencia Manchester United 1
MF Cesc Fàbregas Arsenal 2
MF Darren Fletcher Manchester United 1
MF James Milner Aston Villa 1
FW Didier Drogba Chelsea 2
FW Wayne Rooney Manchester United 2

All very average players...

So fletcher made it did he. Interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.