Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
redmizzle said:
mcfcliam said:
£27m + Ireland for Milner.

Disgraceful.

It states in the same articles Balotelli wants £180,000 per week which has already been denied by his agent.

I made just that point in the other thread. What are they on? Why do they think it's okay to keep repeating a lie, even though they know for a fact that it's a lie. Balolotti's reputation is being shat on from a great height and he should be looking at a defamation of character law suit.

BLUEMOONBAZ said:
Marvin said:
The reports suggest that £27m includes Ireland.

Do you think we can send barry as well Marvin.. must be worth a few million
Play Barry just in front of the back 4 and he'd be great, but we bought too many defensive midfielders and Kompany, De Jong and Barry can't all play there

Don't write Barry off. Many a time players have moved and taken a season to get back to their best. That's what worries me about this season - especially given the foreign buys like Silva and Kolarov

brummie blue said:
Just posted in another thread, I was working at Villa tonight, I was told by a member of staff that the Milner deal is done, approx fee of £17 mil + Ireland, with Ireland valued at £10 mil.
That's sounds a lot better.

sam the drummer said:
Hmmm I think he'd be a good signing, but we're bound to get ripped off. Not so sure I'd like to see Ireland going there. Trying to think where Bobby will play him, CM?

--------------Given----------------
-Boateng--Kompany--Lescott---Kolarov-
---------Yaya-----Milner----------
-Johnson----------------Silva------
----------Tevez------------------
------------Adebayor-------------

Probably not balanced enough in midfield and I'd like to see De Jong in there personally.

I'd quite like

--------------Given----------------
-Boateng--Kompany--Lescott---Kolarov-
-------------De Jong---------------
-------Yaya-----------Milner-------
-Johnson--------------------Silva---
--------------Tevez---------------

Rotation will be key I guess!
...................Hart....................
RB...........CB..........CB...........Kolarov

........de Jong........Yaya T..........
...................Silva...................
Milner.........................A Johnson
..................Tévez...................

But if were going with a 433/451 then I think Balotelli/Bellamy would be better on the wing any day of the week. Maybe even SWP.

Edit: And know I've just realized that it would be totaly pointles playing wingers with Tévez upfront, unless they cutt in, IDK I'm bored.

Celebritykiller said:
No offence, but if you think it's 27m + Ireland you're an idiot.

Conisdering we could get Milner for 30m (as we've known for months) and flag Ireland for at least 5m (even being raped) it wouldn't make sense.

It's 27 million included Ireland (at whatever value he's considered - say 10 million)

we'll know in time. Ireland +17m is right at the top end of what is remotely acceptable, I'd be disappointed if we gave them that much cash. but then again, I have to admit I can just about see it happening...mainly because of Ireland's wages. no way villa would normally pay a young player with a season and a bit behind them 65k p/w. But Ireland won't budge, so we might have to swallow a lower fee for Ireland, 9m instead of 12/13m, effectively contributing 1m or so a year to his wages, for 3/4 years.

The Beeb are reporting that O'Neil has said Milner's on the brink off leaving.

Fair to say it's a done deal.

HellasLEAF said:
bottom line, I would rather go to war on the pitch with Milner in the side then Ireland. Milner was the engine that drove Villa last season and will only get better imo

and mancini too

Mancio said:
HellasLEAF said:
bottom line, I would rather go to war on the pitch with Milner in the side then Ireland. Milner was the engine that drove Villa last season and will only get better imo

and mancini too
Did Mancini tend to make the right decisions in regards to letting players go and signing replacements at Inter Mancio?.

10.Goater_Legend said:
Mancio said:
and mancini too
Did Mancini tend to make the right decisions in regards to letting players go and signing replacements at Inter Mancio?.

He must have done. He won enough silverware when he was there. That said, I'd be interested to Mancio's views on this anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.