Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me consistency, Milner will give you 7/10 every game, Ireland may give you anything from 4/10 - 10/10. The other thing is if we sell Ireland what is stopping Mancini then buying Ozil as his replacement?

NewbBlue said:
irreverent ad said:
I think that the main feeling is relief. This has dragged on for so long now that it has become a bore. I think it is a slightly better deal for Villa IF O'Neill can put his arm around Ireland and make him feel special, like he has with Young etc.

Keane would be a fantastic addition for Villa. We are really lacking an intelligent striker who can link with the midfield. With McGeady I must admit I have not seen too much of him (but Messi apparantly rates him ??!!).

Do Dunne and Ireland get on? We look to be getting our own irish colony with O'Neill, Dunne, Keane, Ireland and McGeady so hopefully the team will gel quickly.

I think the deal enables both clubs to improve.

Yup. Not all City fans are negative on Milner. I'd love to have him. A swap would enable both players to improve on their current sour situations.
Current sour situations? What are you talking about?

macmanson said:
Rammyblues said:
When did Ireland have a sensational game in a so called big game, because I can't remember it if he did.

Did we pay £30m for Ireland? It's not a Ireland versus Milner debate (I'd prefer Ireland but not everyone would), it's a question of getting value for a player which I don't think we are. I don't think Milner improves our team, so I'd rather keep Ireland and use the £17-18m difference to pursue a top quality CB. This is a wasteful signing in my opinion.

I think Milner is twice the player Stevie will ever be. He may not have the trickery & sublime skills that Stevie produces once in a while, but he will have a positive effect nearly every game he plays.

FantasyIreland said:
Luke_mcfc said:
I remember a certain Mr Frank Lampard signing for Chelsea for £10m and raising a few eyebrows... I think Milner will be a similar signing for us. I really like him. I think he will be fantastic...

And anyone with a brain and an ounce of footballing knowledge will agree with you.
20-odd million is a huge price tag to live up to.

Look what happened to Lescott, a shadow of the strong player he was at Everton since he has come here

Marvin said:
NewbBlue said:
Yup. Not all City fans are negative on Milner. I'd love to have him. A swap would enable both players to improve on their current sour situations.
Current sour situations? What are you talking about?

Ireland wants first team playing time, Milner apparently wants to come and had a public disagreement with the coach.

New scene for both would help them.

Monkfish said:
macmanson said:
Unfortunately that's not likely to happen. He's now going to be seen as the player who replaced Ireland. This deal is going to end up looking like the E'to and Ibra deal where Barca got fucked.

I cant take much more of this nonsense, I can only think we have a load of plastic paddies knocking around, they'll do anything for Ireland, but live there of course

Have you actually seen Ireland play this last 12 months? And not to mention pre-season which was probably his last chance to impress if he wanted to, and tbh it didnt look much like he did

Wish it were different and that Ireland could have become our Lampard, but he probably isnt good enough, and his head certainly doesnt have what it takes

Agreed would rather have an up and coming England international than a player with his best days behind him.

Cheesy said:
macmanson said:
Did we pay £30m for Ireland? It's not a Ireland versus Milner debate (I'd prefer Ireland but not everyone would), it's a question of getting value for a player which I don't think we are. I don't think Milner improves our team, so I'd rather keep Ireland and use the £17-18m difference to pursue a top quality CB. This is a wasteful signing in my opinion.

I think Milner is twice the player Stevie will ever be. He may not have the trickery & sublime skills that Stevie produces once in a while, but he will have a positive effect nearly every game he plays.
100% correct

macmanson said:
Rammyblues said:
When did Ireland have a sensational game in a so called big game, because I can't remember it if he did.

Milner is a much more reliable player. If you get 1 good game in 5 from Ireland you are lucky. Milner is good enough to start in our team. Ireland is not. Nor is SWP or Nedum and probably not Micah.

lets forget the price tag and take milner on his merits there seem to be a lot of posters who can not get past the money

villa want £30mill this does not mean he is a £30mill player it is the value villa have placed on him nothing more just a valuation we want the player but we only want to pay £24mill so either the price comes down or we walk away this does not mean we think he is a £24mill player it is what we feel is fair to allow us to take villas best player from them and that is it

forget that david villa cost £30mill valencia are in the shit and needed to let him go a totally different scenario to the situation we are in with villa who don't need the money

at the end of the day i think milner will enhance our squad so lets try to forget the price tag
and take the deal for what it is city signing another top player

macmanson said:
Rammyblues said:

so who fills the gaps that we all seen in our midfield last season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.