Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
NewbBlue said:
-------------Yaya
Milner------------------------Johnson/Robinho
--------------Silva------------

Not sure how Barry finds playing time on his current form.

Johnson will mostly play on the right side as Mancini is fond of using the Inside-Out winger which Johnson does so well. Milner will likely be used as a 3rd DM in a 4-3-1-2 or a CM in a 4-4-2 by Mancini.

big blueballs said:
macmanson said:
Nearly every game is not good enough for a £30m valuation though. I can see him struggling under the weight of expectation like Lescott did. I'd rather have an Ireland with something to prove and the cash to spend on a different player.

this is pissing me off please please please stop mentioning the £30mill player shit, you obviously do not get the transfer market and believe the shit in the tabloids please try to see past the valuation IT IS WHAT VILLA WANT TO ALLOW HIM TO COME TO CITY not a valuation of his prowess as a footballer
Your right it's the thicko's or the rags in sheep clothing who don't get it!!!!

waspish said:
big blueballs said:
this is pissing me off please please please stop mentioning the £30mill player shit, you obviously do not get the transfer market and believe the shit in the tabloids please try to see past the valuation IT IS WHAT VILLA WANT TO ALLOW HIM TO COME TO CITY not a valuation of his prowess as a footballer

Surely the price tag is relevant, especially if you're voicing the opinion that you don't rate him that highly?

I don't care how much money we've got, I still want us to look for value for money.

Getting bent over once will just encourage every other club to bend us over for the next player. And it will give ammunition to every commentator and pisstaker that thinks we've got no feel for the game.

And if we're going to spend an amount of money on a player, then it's entirely reasonable for people to look at what alternative value you could get for that money when assessing whether or not it's a good buy or not.

hgblue said:
waspish said:

Surely the price tag is relevant, especially if you're voicing the opinion that you don't rate him that highly?
How much do u think he's worth?

moomba said:
I don't care how much money we've got, I still want us to look for value for money.

Getting bent over once will just encourage every other club to bend us over for the next player. And it will give ammunition to every commentator and pisstaker that thinks we've got no feel for the game.

And if we're going to spend an amount of money on a player, then it's entirely reasonable for people to look at what alternative value you could get for that money when assessing whether or not it's a good buy or not.

Exactly. This deal reminds me too much of the Lescott deal where we wouldn't walk away and paid way too much in the end. While I'n not knocking Lescott (I think he'll be good in the end), we could've gotten a better defender for 24m.

moomba said:

Moomba, its a true fact untill CL is reached were gonna get bent over on transfer fees and wages. It will change once those goals are reached. Milner is not worth the money stated, but Ireland isn't producing. Personally as were a work in progress we can't let sentiment get in the way. Ireland has been given his chance, and altho on his day he is world class, those days are few and far between. I'm for one who applaused the change.

il be a lot more confident knowing milner is in the team on saturday than knowing ireland is on the bench n prob gna contribute sod all

BenchillBlue said:
Moomba, its a true fact untill CL is reached were gonna get bent over on transfer fees and wages. It will change once those goals are reached. Milner is not worth the money stated, but Ireland isn't producing. Personally as were a work in progress we can't let sentiment get in the way. Ireland has been given his chance, and altho on his day he is world class, those days are few and far between. I'm for one who applaused the change.

Theres value out there, probably our big mistake was not taking a hard line and walking away from deals right at the start.

Has nothing to do with sentiment either, just a belief that Ireland on form is worth more than Milner on form. Milner is not a good fit for our squad and development, and that Ireland potentially could be. But if it involves Ireland or not, I don't think Milner is what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.