Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am sick to death of this argument now.

We're at a stage now we're more than anything we need consistent performers and people are still pining for Ireland/Robinho/If Only We Still Had Elano... one performance a month wonders. This has to stop.

We're nearly ready to challenge for honours now, we can't have passengers anymore.

Cheesy said:
macmanson said:
Did we pay £30m for Ireland? It's not a Ireland versus Milner debate (I'd prefer Ireland but not everyone would), it's a question of getting value for a player which I don't think we are. I don't think Milner improves our team, so I'd rather keep Ireland and use the £17-18m difference to pursue a top quality CB. This is a wasteful signing in my opinion.

I think Milner is twice the player Stevie will ever be. He may not have the trickery & sublime skills that Stevie produces once in a while, but he will have a positive effect nearly every game he plays.

Nearly every game is not good enough for a £30m valuation though. I can see him struggling under the weight of expectation like Lescott did. I'd rather have an Ireland with something to prove and the cash to spend on a different player.

Cut it anyway you like but if Milner signs milner will play and away from home wouldn't be surprised to see no width either

...........................NDJ

Milner............................................Barry

..........................Yaya

Rammyblues said:
Cut it anyway you like but if Milner signs milner will play and away from home wouldn't be surprised to see no width either

Milner............................................Toure

..........................Silva

Rammyblues said:

Too slow and lacking creativity imo.

Celebritykiller said:
Am sick to death of this argument now.

We're at a stage now we're more than anything we need consistent performers and people are still pining for Ireland/Robinho/If Only We Still Had Elano... one performance a month wonders. This has to stop.

We're nearly ready to challenge for honours now, we can't have passengers anymore.
Couldn`t agree more.

Rammyblues said:

I can't see that being the midfield. Replace Barry with Silva and swap places with Toure then maybe. Silva and Milner would combine well with the full-backs quite naturally to provide some width, despite starting in a more central position.

macmanson said:
Cheesy said:
I think Milner is twice the player Stevie will ever be. He may not have the trickery & sublime skills that Stevie produces once in a while, but he will have a positive effect nearly every game he plays.

Nearly every game is not good enough for a £30m valuation though. I can see him struggling under the weight of expectation like Lescott did. I'd rather have an Ireland with something to prove and the cash to spend on a different player.

this is pissing me off please please please stop mentioning the £30mill player shit, you obviously do not get the transfer market and believe the shit in the tabloids please try to see past the valuation IT IS WHAT VILLA WANT TO ALLOW HIM TO COME TO CITY not a valuation of his prowess as a footballer

leewill31 said:
macmanson said:
Did we pay £30m for Ireland? It's not a Ireland versus Milner debate (I'd prefer Ireland but not everyone would), it's a question of getting value for a player which I don't think we are. I don't think Milner improves our team, so I'd rather keep Ireland and use the £17-18m difference to pursue a top quality CB. This is a wasteful signing in my opinion.

so who fills the gaps that we all seen in our midfield last season?

Yaya, Barry & DeJong play the role of 3 DMs with Kompany/Zabs for cover. Silva\AJ & Ireland to play behind the strikers. In a diamond, Yaya is the anchor DM for me with Barry and AJ playing wings. Barry is a player that Mancini rates, so he will play. The only formation that I see Milner useful in is a straight 4-4-2 where he plays one of the 2 CM and we have players that can do the same job there as well.

If he wants to move Ireland on, then fine. Sell him for what he's worth but a trade for Milner plus anywhere from £15-18m is a waste for us. If we are holding out on paying £30m for Balotelli but have no problem paying near that for Milner, I'd think we have some pretty odd valuation of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.