Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea. I can see him staying at Villa for the time being

I'd love to see him at City, but if the window came down now I'd be very happy.

Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner has hit out at Manchester City over their pursuit of James Milner.

Being reported on SSN website. Says we broke the rules.

Is this because we wont pay £30m?

Spindash said:
Lerner said last night: ‘Big, bad Manchester City came along and asked for Milner and we said, “No, he is not for sale”. And under the rules you have to respect that. And Manchester City respected that for two whole days. And then they violated the rules and came in for him again.’

Course you didn't want to sell him Randy.

Didn't milner hand in a transfer request, hence the second bid? god we really are "bid bad" city for doign that............

Cityisland said:
This happening tomorrow then? Finally agree the deal with Villa today. Medical tomorrow morning. What you rec?

Hope so. But in any event, Villans suggesting that they wouldn't do the deal just for cash because they couldn't replace him before the window shuts is ludicrous; they've been linked with Keane and Bentley today for £20m, which is around the figure quoted for the deal at present. I think Bobby Manc will have told Cooke and Marwood that we need Milner after yesterday (see my previous post re SWP's performance) and they will be acting accordingly....unless of course they are lining up someone else!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.