Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
V MYSTERYMAN said:
Villa will not sign Keane ( Altho interested ) nor Bentley as they will not sign anybody whilst we have no manager other than a replacement for Milner which is Ireland .

If Ireland cannot negotiate the pay off then the Milner deal won't go through in this window . Villa not interested in straight cash now because there is no time to get a replacement in .

However they still think the deal will go through but surprised at Cook as Ireland is entitled to it and its starting to raise questions from Milner himself if he really is wanted then why the delay from your end .

He had a very good game yesterday and the supporters who at first for all of 3 minutes were on his back then acclaimed his performance .
Wenger doesn't think Ireland is entitled to a pay-off.

I think the odds are on both players staying put. If Milner stays he will be guaranteed 1st team football, but perhaps it depends on who is sold from City as to whether Ireland gets a place

I am just giving you what was said yesterday before the game , Villa really don't want to sell him and despite people thinking we wouldn't play him yesterday we did and can't fault his attitude .Seen the likes of Dwight Yorke when he wanted to go to United give a totally abject performance to get a move Milner totally different .
Milner has not asked for a transfer but wants to go but wants it sorted or he will stay put . Villa are trying to show he is wanted and the fans were good to him yesterday considering he wants to leave !
The ball is in Cooks court now but I think you will regret it more than we will if he doesn't move this window .

-- Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:17 pm --

the talisman said:
I hope Ireland does well if he leaves, but if villa see him as a direct replacement for Milner I fear they'll be disappointed.

We will change the formation to suit yesterday we changed the formation to play Young who was in the hole.
Last season we played 442 and got swamped at times in midfield . So Ireland will not be asked to play the same as Milner from last season .

With all due respect Mysteryman. Milner is a good player and we would like him but dont get giddy over a decent performance over a very abject west ham side. The only reason people are going gaga for him now is that he played well yesterday and our midfield didnt look great against spurs.

mancboy123 said:
With all due respect Mysteryman. Milner is a good player and we would like him but dont get giddy over a decent performance over a very abject west ham side. The only reason people are going gaga for him now is that he played well yesterday and our midfield didnt look great against spurs.

I have always said he isn't a match winner certainly no Gerrard or Lampard but when its cold on a Tuesday night at sunderland he will give you a performance that will make a difference to you getting champions league . Will settle in very quickly and he isn't high maintenance . No world beater but consistent but 30 million is a joke but thats because its you . I would prefer he stayed and we got Ireland aswell but that isn't going to happen . Not as confident as I was that he will go but as Mark Hughes said you have got a lot of players on high wages that no one else can match so if they move on they want compensation . Do you think Ireland is going to wave goodbye to £ 2 million . Cook using this to play hardball which I can understand but it will stop the deal happening .

V MYSTERYMAN said:
mancboy123 said:

I have always said he isn't a match winner certainly no Gerrard or Lampard but when its cold on a Tuesday night at sunderland he will give you a performance that will make a difference to you getting champions league . Will settle in very quickly and he isn't high maintenance . No world beater but consistent but 30 million is a joke but thats because its you . I would prefer he stayed and we got Ireland aswell but that isn't going to happen . Not as confident as I was that he will go but as Mark Hughes said you have got a lot of players on high wages that no one else can match so if they move on they want compensation . Do you think Ireland is going to wave goodbye to £ 2 million . Cook using this to play hardball which I can understand but it will stop the deal happening .

mm i agree, i think should just pay it! but. on the flip side. Ireland is getting a good deal too, being almost guaranteed first team football must be attractive?
if he comes to you guys i hope he gets back to his best.

Ireland has already said he's happy to wait until January if necessary. And since Mancini effectively cut his ties by saying Ireland needs to change club it's all down to how stubborn Ireland is vs how stubborn Cook is.

We will not sign Milner this window.

Im a big Ireland fan and will gutted if he leaves but if all this pay off stuff is true i really dont get it.

Why not just sit down with Ireland and say 'Heres your options, go to Villa and get regular first team football or stay here and sit on the bench. Your choice.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.