Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: city make milner bid (SSN)

avoidconfusion said:
mcfc_die_hard said:
Yes he is. Ireland is gash hence why he cant get a game.

I think mancini knows what hes doing and ireland cant get a game but hes gunna pay 20+ for Milner just proves hes better.

Ireland has 3/4 of a good season and everyone wants to suck him off

No he is not. Neener neener neener!

Milner also only had 1 good season so far, so why should he be worth that much more? Smacks of "grass is greener on the other side" .

For 20m I would rather see us get a player like Hamsik or Gourcuff.

Why you can absolutly be sure they work out for us, Goucouff couldnt make it in serie A why will he make it in the prem!!

Ntini77 said:
Meh, let's just bid 21m for Gourcuff instead.

How many of us actually know a great deal, or for that matter anything, about Gourcuff? It's all very fashionable to start calling for City to sign the "next big thing" but personally I've no idea if Gourcuff will be an exceptional player for us or a waste of money, I haven't the first clue what he looks like, how he plays or anything. Milner is proven Premiership quality so, if it were a choice between the two, for similar price, I'd go for him.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Why you can absolutly be sure they work out for us, Goucouff couldnt make it in serie A why will he make it in the prem!!

You cannot be sure they will work out for us either. Sorry, but Barry has not been as good for us as he has been for Villa. Toure has not been as good for us as has been for Arsenal.

And about Gourcuff, it was not a case of him "not making it" in the Serie A, it was a case of other players being constantly preferred over him (Kaka and Ronaldinho for example) and him being extremely young at the time (21/22), which is why he was loaned out initially and then Bordeaux quickly realized what an absolute gem he is and snatched him up.

Matty said:
Ntini77 said:

How many of us actually know a great deal, or for that matter anything, about Gourcuff? It's all very fashionable to start calling for City to sign the "next big thing" but personally I've no idea if Gourcuff will be an exceptional player for us or a waste of money, I haven't the first clue what he looks like, how he plays or anything. Milner is proven Premiership quality so, if it were a choice between the two, for similar price, I'd go for him.

gourcuff is absolutely sublime, he will be if not already is classed as a world class player. if he is 25million and milner is 25 million. i know who i would have

The Hamsik & Gorcruff admirers must have far too much free time to follow the likes of brodeux & napoli week in week out. In all honnestly how many people have watched these guys play say 6 times over the last season and were they consistant or are we all going of the highlights on youtube?

Personally I think Gorcruff looks the better of the 2, but I ve not seen anywhere near enough of him to say he will be great in the premiership, he could turn out to be a s good as Jo for all I know.

does anyone else we are using this milner deal as a smoke screen to a major deal that we are trying to keep under wraps? it just seems wierd to me that we go in at 20m stright away and its leaked to the press did city do this on purpose? do they actually want milner? i FEEL a big anouncement is just around the corner sun,mon,tue

Matty said:
Ntini77 said:

I saw him mainly in the Champions League and his link up play with Chamakh (?)
was excellent.

He's looked every bit a top class player whenever I've seen him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.