Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: city make milner bid (SSN)

BoundedCascade said:
I really don't know much about Milner. I have never really payed much attention to him. I don't know if whether its the lack of star quality of the name or if it is my extreme lack of knowledge about him but I am unsure whether or not we should be in for him. I would rather us be in for someone like David Silva.

I really can`t believe that you`ve made a stupid comment like this !!!!!!!
You DON`T KNOW much about Milner ?
What planet have you come from, Zhlob ????
I despair at times !!

lionheart said:
mike24 said:
The thing I dont understand with Ireland is, why have most City fans written him off saying hes only had 1 good season? Yet the same people laud Michael Johnson as the best player we have based on his 1 season he did well?
Are you perhaps confusing Manic Michael with Amazing Adam?

No no no....Michael Johnson has a reputation with City fans as being amazing. There was a thread here the other day where some comments were 'If fit hes the best player we have'

I just wonder why hes held in such a high regard and people dont seem to be bothered about Ireland?

My last post in this gourcouff (who has had 1 good season also) love in

All the people getting at Milner saying he not good enough and is overpriced(which he is but villa dont wanna sell and we are immensly rich so we pay silly prices) are probably the same people that moaned when we brought Johnson in January and said no we should buy hamsik, kaka, gourcouff, silva, villa. Just endless lists of players that are good on FM2010. The fact f the matter is Milner must be pretty decent and had a better year than Ireland last season because he won Young player of the year which means most premiership players and managers think he is the best young talent in football. Dont know bout you lot but if the Preiership players and managers think he best young talent then he deffo good enough for our team. Or shall we just buy hamsik because he has a fancy name but is probably no better than Milner

mike24 said:
lionheart said:
Are you perhaps confusing Manic Michael with Amazing Adam?

No no no....Michael Johnson has a reputation with City fans as being amazing. There was a thread here the other day where some comments were 'If fit hes the best player we have'

I just wonder why hes held in such a high regard and people dont seem to be bothered about Ireland?

I suppose Johnson has a 100% batting record, one good season out of one ;)

sad thing is no one is pretending Ireland has had more than one really good season out of five. last year it looked like it was really happening for him here but I feel we're almost back at square one with him.... I honestly expect him to do very well elsewhere but that doesn't mean it would happen here.

Milner stands out for his industry and a decent level of ability.

If I'm honest, I thought Barry and De Jong both showed him up at our place, where Milner actually looked short on pace.

Taking that as an aside, you never really know what the next step up for a player is until you take that leap of faith in terms of a transfer.

Much as it pains me to say it, under Baconface, I could see him turning in to a player of Lampard's standing, in terms of getting into his head.

Maybe I do Bobby Manc a great disservice, but unsure if he would be able to provide the same progression on Milner's game.

The boy is talented, no doubt. An excellent professional, and certainly worth the punt to see if we get lucky, akin to Johnson's huge rate of progression.

Capello rated Milner as one of the future faces of English football, so along with Baconface, there has to be more to come from Milner that us, as mere fans, have yet to realise?

tolmie's hairdoo said:

If I'm honest, I thought Barry and De Jong both showed him up at our place, where Milner actually looked short on pace.

Taking that as an aside, you never really know what the next step up for a player is until you take that leap of faith in terms of a transfer.

Much as it pains me to say it, under Baconface, I could see him turning in to a player of Lampard's standing, in terms of getting into his head.

Maybe I do Bobby Manc a great disservice, but unsure if he would be able to provide the same progression on Milner's game.

The boy is talented, no doubt. An excellent professional, and certainly worth the punt to see if we get lucky, akin to Johnson's huge rate of progression.

Capello rated Milner as one of the future faces of English football, so along with Baconface, there has to be more to come from Milner that us, as mere fans, have yet to realise?

Really!!!

BoyBlue_1985 said:

All the people getting at Milner saying he not good enough and is overpriced(which he is but villa dont wanna sell and we are immensly rich so we pay silly prices) are probably the same people that moaned when we brought Johnson in January and said no we should buy hamsik, kaka, gourcouff, silva, villa. Just endless lists of players that are good on FM2010. The fact f the matter is Milner must be pretty decent and had a better year than Ireland last season because he won Young player of the year which means most premiership players and managers think he is the best young talent in football. Dont know bout you lot but if the Preiership players and managers think he best young talent then he deffo good enough for our team. Or shall we just buy hamsik because he has a fancy name but is probably no better than Milner

just to clarify, becasue you havnt watched players such as hamsik or silva, they must be rubbish. Hamsik has spent several seasons in top flight italian football and is well seasoned international, and is very much a similar vain to lampard. Milner lacks the craft and vision and is a more of a work horse and is versatile, that's why he is valuable for England, as Zabaleta is us for us. They can do a good job across the pitch.

I wouldn't turn my nose up at milner, but i wouldn't want him to be our only creative signing.

BoyBlue_1985 said:

oh dear

tommytheblue said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

just to clarify, becasue you havnt watched players such as hamsik or silva, they must be rubbish. Hamsik has spent several seasons in top flight italian football and is well seasoned international, and is very much a similar vain to lampard. Milner lacks the craft and vision and is a more of a work horse and is versatile, that's why he is valuable for England, as Zabaleta is us for us. They can do a good job across the pitch.

I wouldn't turn my nose up at milner, but i wouldn't want him to be our only creative signing.

Look i know Hamsik and in particular Silva (who is a winger so dont really count) are good players, infact i know hamsik is a great player, 1 of the players who have turned Napoli around but Italy is well pants these days really in terms of league football and as we always find players from serie A struggle with the pace, now i know he may come good over say a season but when you forking out over 20 million you need players that can deliver straight away, we need to get where we need to be then allow players like him to ease there way into the premiership

Hey i might be wrong Bobby could buy Hamsik and he could run the midfield but in all honesty we know how long if ever (bianchi, lol) it takes for players to adjust from serie A<br /><br />-- Thu May 20, 2010 11:20 am --<br /><br />
wrongun73 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

oh dear

Its good you can back that up with some valid points!

BoyBlue_1985 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Really!!!

Haha. It was a miraculous performance by Barry. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.