Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
AnthonyRoy said:
he turned down the chance to play champs footy with Liverpool (who finished 2nd that season)

He never had that chance, Liverpool never agreed a price with Villa.

well if this is really going to happen, then we have to get some news / indication today, otherwise we can put money on him being on that plane tommorrow and in the starting line up come thursday ! would love to see this one sorted soon.

Villan said:
So he left to join a club which was much better equipped to fulfil the same ambitions as his current one.

That's the beginning, middle and end of the matter.

Our gripe with him wa that he wanted to leave to a club already playing champions league football. Better equipped doesn't dome into it.

My comment about casting them aside was more to do with the manner in which you dealt with the Dunne transfer. Seems very similar to the Ireland predicament you have now.

You could have sold Barry for almost twice as much a year earlier to Liverpool!! Who's decision was it too reject this? That is the person who is at fault for him joining us. Because we moved quickly to sign him before Liverpool came back in.

Also, it was your club who made the Milner deal public!! Obviously for reasons only known to your chairman.

As for casting people aside, your club has done that has much as any club, and certainly a damn more sight than we have over the years!!

Manchester City have been warned they will have to complete the signing of James Milner by Wednesday or face the prospect of the England international remaining at Aston Villa for the rest of the season.

Talks between City and Villa remain ongoing, as they have been for most of the summer, but Milner has now become so exasperated with the speed at which negotiations are being conducted that he is no longer willing to continue playing with his future shrouded in doubt. City have been told that unless they can reach an agreement with Villa within the next 24 hours, Milner will remain in the Midlands and close the door on the summer's longest transfer saga.

Milner's frustration lies with City rather than Villa and he has started to question just how badly the club want to sign him because of the delay in pushing the deal through. The transfer has been held up at City's end because of Stephen Ireland's settlement demands – the midfielder has a little under four years remaining on his contract and has asked for a £2m payoff – but Milner feels that he is being placed in an unfair position by being asked to keep waiting until that situation, which has nothing to do with him, is resolved.

The 24-year-old, who was outstanding for Villa against West Ham United on Saturday when he scored the third goal in a 3-0 victory and left the field to a standing ovation, believes he needs to set a deadline to bring matters to a head. He remains hopeful there will be a breakthrough tomorrow, but if that is not the case, he will board the plane to Austria with the rest of the Villa squad on Wednesday morning for their Europa League play-off first leg against Rapid Vienna on Thursday.

Villa's hierarchy have already given Kevin MacDonald, the club's caretaker manager in the wake of Martin O'Neill's resignation, the go-ahead to pick Milner for the Rapid Vienna game. "If we were going to stop him playing, then we should have stopped him playing in the Premier League because there's probably more chance of him getting an injury in a Premier League game because of the physical contact," MacDonald said.

"If James hasn't gone to Manchester City by the middle of the week, I'm sure he'll want to play, because he just loves playing football, as you saw out there [against West Ham]."

Milner is comfortable with that situation and has already brought his passport into the club in preparation to travel and play. If he features against Rapid Vienna, he would be cup-tied and could potentially be unavailable for 17 matches for City in the Europa League should they reach the final of the competition. That prospect, combined with Milner's threat to pull the plug on the transfer, is expected to lead to a fraught day of negotiations between all parties tomorrow.

Both club's preference is for Ireland to form part of any deal as a makeweight but, should that not be possible, City had previously indicated they were willing to do a straight cash deal, valuing Milner at about £26m. However, City have never been in a rush to complete the transfer, perhaps suspecting Villa would cave in.

Instead, Villa have dug their heels in and rebuilt bridges with Milner. Randy Lerner, the Villa chairman, and Paul Faulkner, the club's chief executive, have spoken to Milner in the past week, strengthening the lines of communication that had broken down after O'Neill provoked a furious row during pre-season when he claimed that the player had told him he wanted to leave the club.

Villa know that Milner's head has been turned and are resigned to losing him if City meet their valuation, but time is fast running out for the world's richest club to show the colour of their money if Ireland refuses to budge on his financial demands

There is no cash deal agreed of 24 million whoever has told you that is wrong . The deal is 18 plus Ireland ( Villa think he is worth 12 mill but are going along with the 8 mill valuation as a compromise and everyone keeps face I suppose )

What amazes me is why offer Ireland in the first place if you were never going to honour his contract all it's done is delayed the deal .

Straight cash it's 30 mill but as I say now because it's left so late we won't sell unless Ireland is part of the deal .

That is our stance by the way the 30 mill valuation was as far back as June and City were aware of it . Lerner has shown with the Barry thing that he will make a stand on things and nothing has changed .

V MYSTERYMAN said:
There is no cash deal agreed of 24 million whoever has told you that is wrong . The deal is 18 plus Ireland ( Villa think he is worth 12 mill but are going along with the 8 mill valuation as a compromise and everyone keeps face I suppose )

What amazes me is why offer Ireland in the first place if you were never going to honour his contract all it's done is delayed the deal .

Straight cash it's 30 mill but as I say now because it's left so late we won't sell unless Ireland is part of the deal .

That is our stance by the way the 30 mill valuation was as far back as June and City were aware of it . Lerner has shown with the Barry thing that he will make a stand on things and nothing has changed .

I am starting to think that YOU ARE Randy Lerner and you are trying to convince us that we need to pay more than 30 million now if it is a straight cash deal!!!
ADMIT IT!!!!!! The game is up!!!!!

V MYSTERYMAN said:
There is no cash deal agreed of 24 million whoever has told you that is wrong . The deal is 18 plus Ireland ( Villa think he is worth 12 mill but are going along with the 8 mill valuation as a compromise and everyone keeps face I suppose). Straight cash it's 30 mill but as I say now because it's left so late we won't sell unless Ireland is part of the deal. That is our stance by the way the 30 mill valuation was as far back as June and City were aware of it . Lerner has shown with the Barry thing that he will make a stand on things and nothing has changed .
Bugger off. We are never going to pay 30 million. The deal is 18m plus Ireland who is worth 8m, not a penny more. If its a cash only deal, it will be 26m which is still too much in my view. I hope that Stevie stays and we spend the cash in January instead, by which time Lerner will probably accept 20m for Milner.

V MYSTERYMAN said:

My understanding is that it was Villa who asked for Ireland..didn't you say yesterday in a response to a post of mine that you (Villa) wanted Ireland as far back as May/June and that he wasn't being forced on you?

I imagine if it's a cash only fee it will be "undisclosed".

lionheart said:
V MYSTERYMAN said:
There is no cash deal agreed of 24 million whoever has told you that is wrong . The deal is 18 plus Ireland ( Villa think he is worth 12 mill but are going along with the 8 mill valuation as a compromise and everyone keeps face I suppose). Straight cash it's 30 mill but as I say now because it's left so late we won't sell unless Ireland is part of the deal. That is our stance by the way the 30 mill valuation was as far back as June and City were aware of it . Lerner has shown with the Barry thing that he will make a stand on things and nothing has changed .
Bugger off. We are never going to pay 30 million. The deal is 18m plus Ireland who is worth 8m, not a penny more. If its a cash only deal, it will be 26m which is still too much in my view. I hope that Stevie stays and we spend the cash in January instead, by which time Lerner will probably accept 20m for Milner.

Unless Milner signs a new long term deal.

Then you'll never get a bid accepted for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.