Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you happy to lose him for nothing if he runs down his contract. It does astound me how fans are getting all giddy because you beat an attrocious west ham side, wait till your 10 games in and if your still there or there abouts and get no injuries then its worth it, if not then it wasnt its a gamble to take and if it pays off you will look good if it doesnt you will look foolish.

mancboy123 said:
Are you happy to lose him for nothing if he runs down his contract. It does astound me how fans are getting all giddy because you beat an attrocious west ham side, wait till your 10 games in and if your still there or there abouts and get no injuries then its worth it, if not then it wasnt its a gamble to take and if it pays off you will look good if it doesnt you will look foolish.

I wouldn't be happy to lose him for nothing, but it won't get that far.

How much did you pay for De Jong with 6 months left on his deal?

It's not about just beating West Ham. It's about the whole week that we had running upto it. We've not had a good pre-season at all, so to win in the opening game and do it in style sure we're going to be feeling positive. We'd lost our best manager for a while and we've had our best players constantly linked with moves away. Surely you can remember those days?

After 10 games I'm confident we'll still be near the top 6, new manager or not, Milner or not.

Yes i do remember those days but the team you faced were appalling if you can recreate that against a tottenham, a liverpool, us or even a birmingham or stoke then fair play to you, but west ham were a shambles.

There is nothing wrong with being positive but to base it on the back of one game against a bad side is a bit foolish for me, its like alot of us saying we are going to haver a bad season because we didnt play particularly well against spurs.

FishFoot said:
corky1970 said:
todays the day
yellow ticker
SSN
Today is a key day in terms of this transfer.

Can't watch SSN as I'm at work :(

I'll be checking Twitter as much as possible.

either way, you villa fans have been pretty decent about this whole thing.

well played.

this is getting a bit silly now though? milner must be wondering what the hell we are playing at!!!

mancboy123 said:
Yes i do remember those days but the team you faced were appalling if you can recreate that against a tottenham, a liverpool, us or even a birmingham or stoke then fair play to you, but west ham were a shambles.

There is nothing wrong with being positive but to base it on the back of one game against a bad side is a bit foolish for me, its like alot of us saying we are going to haver a bad season because we didnt play particularly well against spurs.

I'm just confident that we still have good players.

I've seen enough of Villa in the past to play against teams who are shocking, and we've been just as bad. They were there for the taking and we took it.

Like you said, we'll see after 10 games.

Not doubting your players and its good to be confident. it will just be interesting to see if albrighton can play like that against a competent defence etc etc.

Like you said dont really think a real judgement can be made until 10 games in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.