Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
V MYSTERYMAN said:
AntonDonJuan said:
I'll take that, in fact i'm quite chuffed with that. Ireland was probably worth about £8m but his value would half if he carried on playing like he was.

Milner was probably worth about £18m tops, so throw Ireland in and the covers the "City Tax" and the "He's English so he's worth more Tax"

Your loaded a bit like us paying the paper bill for the month upfront so the money isn't the issue . Milner will be player of the season at your place and he will show the prima donnas on the pitch what needs to be done not mouthing off to em like Bellamy . However if you honestly asked me would I take the deal you bet I would . We wouldn't get above 20 mill off anyone else so I aint got no probs with it . Ireland negotiated an exec box as part of the deal for his grandparents to use for the games so already we are making him feel at home .

LOL so thats what held this deal up for so long then! Diamond encrusted no doubt! Good luck Stephen - I for one will clap you when you come back, but welcome to Manchester James :)

Should of been here last season,he would of been the difference between 4th and 5th welcome to mcfc james best news of the summer.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
so who will we sign off the Villa next summer to keep up our new tradition?

whoever there best player is this season

The undiscloed deal for Milner :

16.5 plus add ons will take it to 19. Plus Ireland, plus the 1.5 MILL to pay Ireland off.

At the end of the day our owners seem to have more money than god and really dont care what they are paying. That deal is much better than you would get off anyone else.

I hope Milner maintains his form at City and Ireland gets his back at Villa thats the main thing. Based on Milner performance for you on Saturday he would get in most sides in the prem, that includes the likes of Utd (No doubt better than Fletcher)

Being hard on this Ireland he had a very poor season last year, he had virtually no contribution to our team, so this is very much a player gained for us based on last season.

Still think it was down to Irelands pre season though he trained like a lunatic running up mountains and kick boxing for hours every day in his own time, he was knackered by the time the season started. If you are willing to build the team round him and give him some TLC he will be a decent player for you IMO, hes not played regular for a while though so some patience will be required. DOnt expect him to be alike for like replacement for Milner.

V MYSTERYMAN said:
AntonDonJuan said:
I'll take that, in fact i'm quite chuffed with that. Ireland was probably worth about £8m but his value would half if he carried on playing like he was.

Milner was probably worth about £18m tops, so throw Ireland in and the covers the "City Tax" and the "He's English so he's worth more Tax"

Your loaded a bit like us paying the paper bill for the month upfront so the money isn't the issue . Milner will be player of the season at your place and he will show the prima donnas on the pitch what needs to be done not mouthing off to em like Bellamy . However if you honestly asked me would I take the deal you bet I would . We wouldn't get above 20 mill off anyone else so I aint got no probs with it . Ireland negotiated an exec box as part of the deal for his grandparents to use for the games so already we are making him feel at home .

Just wanted to take this opportunity to once again say thank you for your posts... they have been interesting, seemingly accurate (in terms of the Ireland swap, we'll know for sure by then end of the day) and respectful. We get a lot of fans of other teams coming on here and making tits of themselves but you have been fantastic... I'd be more than happy to buy you a pint when we player Villa.

Hope the impending transfer switch doesn't mean the end of your posting on bluemoon as it is always nice to get an outsiders views of whats happening with our club. We're over the moon with the transformation of our club but sometimes it feels as if the entire press and all of the other teams are against us.

Oh and hope you thrash Spurs when you play them... can't stand that fish faced twitchy bastard.

V MYSTERYMAN said:
AntonDonJuan said:

Of course money's the issue.. that's why it's dragged on for soooo long. If money wasn't an issue why then disclose an undisclosed fee? As you say yourself you wanted to screw city for all you could get, fair enough, well played. Will this stop some of your fans banging on about city ruining football by paying inflated fees though, doubt it.

Re: SSN breaking news milner on his way to Manchester for med

Sky Sports News - "join us at 1pm for the MCFC news conference on Mario Ballotelli" - I turn on at 1 to hear James Milner joining for millions, this is great I think. - Quarter past one " coming up mario ballotelli news conference, but first to the biggest news of the day... Bellamy loan to Cardiff"....for the next 40 minutes i keep getting promised ballotelli conference and hearing more about todays biggest story of Bellamy to Cardiff.......then the moment arrives at 1.55pm "now to the news conference at MCFC Balotelli... Ballotelli says in Italian I think I will fit in to the premier league and I am glad I am at Man City................ and we will have more from that conference coming up later she says!!!!!!!!!!! FFS FURKING BARSTEWARDS, WHAT A WASTE OF FURKIN TIME!!!!

EL APACHE TEVEZ said:
Should of been here last season,he would of been the difference between 4th and 5th welcome to mcfc james best news of the summer.

Correct our midfield last season despretely needed the energy and creativity that Milner brings, but better late than never eh.

Really am quite surprised and pleased this deal happened in the end. Really thought it would fall through as, Ireland didnt want to go to villa clearly, wanted to stay in Manchester with his family, no manager at villa. Asked for a daft pay off (Which the club seemed willing to make in the end)

VIlla already lost their mangaer over this deal, now they have lost their best player in the end as well. Affter Villa (and Milners) performance on Saturday and the way they gave him such a good reception they must be a little disappointed hes going in the end ?

Looking at the assists from Saturday and last season Milner seem to score a fair number of villas goals and is there most creative player assists wise. They have Ireland now but it going to take time for him to settle and more importantly get match fit. They are also going to have to change the way they play.

Performance could suffer in the short term for them.

I guess the money will compensate in the end it will give their new manager some cash to spend, remains to be seen how much of it ends up with the manager though, the chairman seems to have pocketed all the money Villa have brought in for transfers so far this summer (SHorey etc).

alera said:
Really am quite surprised and pleased this deal happened in the end. Really thought it would fall through as, Ireland didnt want to go to villa clearly, wanted to stay in Manchester with his family, no manager at villa. Asked for a daft pay off (Which the club seemed willing to make in the end)

VIlla already lost their mangaer over this deal, now they have lost their best player in the end as well. Affter Villa (and Milners) performance on Saturday and the way they gave him such a good reception they must be a little disappointed hes going in the end ?

Looking at the assists from Saturday and last season Milner seem to score a fair number of villas goals and is there most creative player assists wise. They have Ireland now but it going to take time for him to settle and more importantly get match fit. Performance could suffer in the short term for them.

I guess the money will compensate in the end it will give their new manager so cash to spend, remains to be seen how much of it ends up with the manager though, the chairman seems to have pocketed all the money Villa have brought in for transfers so far this summer (SHorey etc).

You are wrong in so many ways...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.