Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Milner on verge of joining City for £28 Million

Believe it when i see it, didn't the Mail say we'd signed Dzeko last week in an exclusive?

blue dallas said:
veron cost 26 mill

And he was a useless pile of shit.

Lampard and Gerrard won't be around forever and I wouldn't bet against Milner being in the centre of Englands midfield for years to come. Sometimes you have to pay for serious potential, like Chelsea did when they were unable to bring in top drawer players but had Abramovics millions to spend. Ranieiri had the foresight to spend good money on Cole and Lampard and they were central to their many successes over the coming years.

anyone think that milner having an apparant slight temperature over the last 2 days and not been seen on the training pitch may have something to do with a transfer to us??? i know capello said there would be no transfer business when the players are at the world cup but maybe he meant once it starts??

ono said:
Brilliant. We constantly talk about how we won't be taken for mugs, yet we do this.

Just after haggling over paying a similar fee for Yaya Toure. Absolute joke.

If true, I am really concerned that we have people at our club who are out of their depth when it comes to transfer dealings.

You can't take anything the Daily Fail say as gospel. The whole story could be fictitious or there could be some truth in it, i.e he's coming to us. I really don't think we can take the fee to be fact though.

sooo overrated, this is going to be very embarrassing

if this goes through i really cant see him justify that price

Am I the only one who thinks this is just yet more Daily Mail nonsense? The World Cup starts in 2 days so nothing is going to happen with Milner until the end of the tournament. I think this is just guesswork, I mean I could guess that in a few weeks after the WC we will agree a fee. For me they are doing nothing but stating the obvious with probably very little factual substance!

There is a light said:
blue dallas said:
veron cost 26 mill

And he was a useless pile of shit.

Lampard and Gerrard won't be around forever and I wouldn't bet against Milner being in the centre of Englands midfield for years to come. Sometimes you have to pay for serious potential, like Chelsea did when they were unable to bring in top drawer players but had Abramovics millions to spend. Ranieiri had the foresight to spend good money on Cole and Lampard and they were central to their many successes over the coming years.
But that's not because he's anywhere near as good as either Gerrard or Lampard were at his age. It's purely because England have nobody of any quality coming through in central midfield. Maybe in a few years, but for now there isn't much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.