Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Milner on verge of joining City for £28 Million

Inzi said:
sooo overrated, this is going to be very embarrassing

if this goes through i really cant see him justify that price

I think he will be a great signing. He will develop into a very important player for us and england for many years to come imho.

Thats if he comes of course.

the price with yaya might be 20 odd mill then tryin to sting us for agent fees,the agent fees might be 6 mill plus'dosn't milner have like a cheap FA appointed agent sure i read that somewhere,so even at 28 mill might be cheaper than yaya deal

get real you dicksplash's
he was a youngster with talent failing to live up to his hype when Villa spent 12m on him.
he has just been voted the best young player in the premier league
the "future" of the national side (capello)
do you think we can get him for any less?? puh!

get him in! YES!!!!!!!!!
people thought Chelsea overpaid when the spent about 11m on Lamps!!

There is a light said:
blue dallas said:
veron cost 26 mill

And he was a useless pile of shit.

Lampard and Gerrard won't be around forever and I wouldn't bet against Milner being in the centre of Englands midfield for years to come. Sometimes you have to pay for serious potential, like Chelsea did when they were unable to bring in top drawer players but had Abramovics millions to spend. Ranieiri had the foresight to spend good money on Cole and Lampard and they were central to their many successes over the coming years.
thats my point,
i just couldnt be arsed explaining.
28 mill in todays market, is not much for a young ,class, international, proven, ENGLISH,midfielder

Goats left knee said:
get real you dicksplash's
he was a younger with talent failing to live up to his hype when Villa spent 12m on him.
he has just been voted the best young player in the premier league
the "future" of the national side (capello)
do you think we can get him for any less?? puh!

get him in! YES!!!!!!!!!
people thought Chelsea overpaid when the spent about 11m on Lamps!!
Great. We'll pay almost 3 times as much for a player nowhere near as good.

Re: Milner Will Cost 30 million

Cityisland said:
Anyone think this will be done before saturday?
just said on the other thread about milner having a slightly high temperature over the last 2 days??? coincidence or not??

The thing is though, where do you draw the line? Last summer Lescott was £24 million, this summer Milner for £28 million, what's next? Michael Dawson for £35 million and Rodwell for £40 million the season after?

That said, at least Milner is a very good age and we'll get a lot of worth out of him. He's also got a great attitude, is versatile and will be here to do the business and not just to cash his check. It seems a fairly safe but good addition to the squad, and I s'pose you have to pay for that

To me this transfer (if it goes ahead) reminds me of the rags buying granny-shagger Shrek...

He was a promising youngster and they paid nearly £30mil, how many years ago and how many of the twats would say that was paying over the odds - and I genuinely think Milner could have just as big an impact for us in the coming years if he signs.

If this is true, i'll feel like i've been personally ripped off!

The Fat el Hombre said:
The thing is though, where do you draw the line? Last summer Lescott was £24 million, this summer Milner for £28 million, what's next? Michael Dawson for £35 million and Rodwell for £40 million the season after?

That said, at least Milner is a very good age and we'll get a lot of worth out of him. He's also got a great attitude, is versatile and will be here to do the business and not just to cash his check. It seems a fairly safe but good addition to the squad, and I s'pose you have to pay for that
We shouldn't be paying that kind of money for good additions to the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.