Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Milner on verge of joining City for £28 Million

i wouldnt go over £40m for him even though hes a great player

vincent said:
ono said:
Brilliant. We constantly talk about how we won't be taken for mugs, yet we do this.

Just after haggling over paying a similar fee for Yaya Toure. Absolute joke.

If true, I am really concerned that we have people at our club who are out of their depth when it comes to transfer dealings.

Totally agree .....

dario2739 said:
To me this transfer (if it goes ahead) reminds me of the rags buying granny-shagger Shrek...

He was a promising youngster and they paid nearly £30mil, how many years ago and how many of the twats would say that was paying over the odds - and I genuinely think Milner could have just as big an impact for us in the coming years if he signs.
this

Failsworth_Blue said:
Believe it when i see it, didn't the Mail say we'd signed Dzeko last week in an exclusive?

Exactly. Just because Friday's chip paper says it is happening, it doesn't mean it actually is. Until the WC starts, the newspapers haven't got much to write about, don't be surprised to see transfer gossip die down for a couple of weeks while the group games take the spotlight.

Personally I would like to see Milner sign, he's a fantastic talent. £28m would be a bit excessive though.

As always, I will believe it when I see a picture of him holding a City shirt with his name and number on the back.

He's a home grown player and therefore meets the criteria for the new squad rules and every player who falls into this category will have a premium.

bluwes said:
£18 million + City premium + English player premium = £28 million

Nailed it right there!

How do the mail define 'close' in light of Cappello stating very clearly that after a fixed point, which has elapsed, no player will be released for transfer deals until after the world cup?????

you're all deluded lol

He's average. You can't compare him to lampard and gerrard. We all knew they were special

Yeah he's a natural successor but ONLY because there's no one else

if you think this guy offers more than toure does to a midfield than i have nothing to say to you lol

:-/

Jury out on this one, if he carries on his form then he'll be a like a midfield version of Tevez, if he's a one season wonder...mmm.

Hopefully he'll bring the energy and mobility that we need to liven our midfield up, unsure of his ability to stand out at the highest level though, is he good enough technically? That is the question for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.