Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
macmanson said:
irreverent ad said:
So you would prefer Bentley, Dorrans and Danny Rose over Milner?!?

NURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would prefer all of them over Milner as they'd be as effective for far less money then we'd pay for Milner. Milner will be seen as a £30m dollar player who replaced Ireland so he'll be doomed before he even puts on a shirt. He was a distinctly average player at Villa whose goal rate was boosted by the fact that he was the team's leading penatly taker. This guy will not turn City's midfield into an offensive force. He won't be pushing forward, he'll be another Barry-esque defensive midfielder in Mancini's 4-3-1-2 formation. A position we have more than enough cover in.
do you watch fooball at all.

milner can play either wing , or as an attacking midfielder.
and stephen ireland didnt have ONE good game for us last year.

vgood deal.

macmanson said:
Drunkacho said:
Obviously not a great deal for us, but now that Milner is signing, let's back the lad rather than slating him.

Unfortunately that's not likely to happen. He's now going to be seen as the player who replaced Ireland. This deal is going to end up looking like the E'to and Ibra deal where Barca got fucked.

I cant take much more of this nonsense, I can only think we have a load of plastic paddies knocking around, they'll do anything for Ireland, but live there of course

Have you actually seen Ireland play this last 12 months? And not to mention pre-season which was probably his last chance to impress if he wanted to, and tbh it didnt look much like he did

Wish it were different and that Ireland could have become our Lampard, but he probably isnt good enough, and his head certainly doesnt have what it takes

Luke_mcfc said:
I remember a certain Mr Frank Lampard signing for Chelsea for £10m and raising a few eyebrows... I think Milner will be a similar signing for us. I really like him. I think he will be fantastic...

And anyone with a brain and an ounce of footballing knowledge will agree with you.

This guy will generate fuck all for us from the midfield. He goes missing in the big games.

When did Ireland have a sensational game in a so called big game, because I can't remember it if he did.

FantasyIreland said:
Luke_mcfc said:
I remember a certain Mr Frank Lampard signing for Chelsea for £10m and raising a few eyebrows... I think Milner will be a similar signing for us. I really like him. I think he will be fantastic...

And anyone with a brain and an ounce of footballing knowledge will agree with you.

Milner will be a good player but the situations are different.

macmanson said:
irreverent ad said:

NURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would prefer all of them over Milner as they'd be as effective for far less money then we'd pay for Milner. Milner will be seen as a £30m dollar player who replaced Ireland so he'll be doomed before he even puts on a shirt. He was a distinctly average player at Villa whose goal rate was boosted by the fact that he was the team's leading penatly taker. This guy will not turn City's midfield into an offensive force. He won't be pushing forward, he'll be another Barry-esque defensive midfielder in Mancini's 4-3-1-2 formation. A position we have more than enough cover in.

By the way I am a Villa fan. Milner average last year? You are speaking tripe, sir!

macmanson said:
irreverent ad said:

NURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well replacing Ireland will mean we will be playing with 11 players on the pitch instead of 10.

I think you make the mistake of thinking that every fan thinks that Ireland is key to the whole of our team. Sadly he does not have the mental strength to play at the level we are aiming for.

richards30 said:
macmanson said:
Milner was also the team's penalty taker so his goals are even that more skewed. This guy will generate fuck all for us from the midfield. He goes missing in the big games. Even Villa fans will tell you that.
so you wont be supporting him then????

He won't be my personal fav, but i won't be slating him if he does join the team. My feelings are based on the quality of player he is compared to the quality of player plus significant cash we'll be giving up and he doesn't measure up in my opinion.

That being said, I won't hope he sucks for us so that I end up being right. Success for the team is my overall goal for this season and too many new names is going to cause havoc to team chemistry. If we struggle out of the gate, then the money that would've been spent could be the nail that seals Mancini's coffin. We blasted out of the gate last year with a so-called lesser team so anything less than that is going to draw comparisons. The papers will be running daily "this is Mancini's last game in charge" stories. We've talked shit about winning the premier league and guys like Milner aren't scaring the likes of United and Chelsea. Not a good enough player at his cost for the place we aim to be.<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:37 am --<br /><br />
Barcon said:
macmanson said:
Graham Dorrans from WBA would be a cheaper (less than 10m probably) and better buy in my opinion. Had an outstanding year in the championship with 13 goals and 19 assists in 42 games. Just like AJ, I think he'd easily adapt to the premier league. Danny Rose from Tottenham looks like a good prospect mid who can play all mid positions but excels at the wing. An England U21 as well. I'd even prefer David Bentley over Milner.

No, money is not an object for us at the moment but pride and reputation is. If this deal goes through, we'll have every club in the world believing they can hold us over a barrell and force us to pay 2 times what a player is worth. Milner is simply not worth the amount of money + players being talked about. It's a ridiculous deal we should have walked away from after the 20m bid was turned down.

You must be from B.C as the only explanation for this nonsense is that you have been smoking far too much bud, eh!

lol...no can't say I've ever come across any BC bud though it's reputation is quite renowned. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.