Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
irreverent ad said:
By the way I am a Villa fan. Milner average last year? You are speaking tripe, sir!

What's the general feeling in the villa camp mate? I think milner is a good player, i just think if ireland is part of the deal, you will get the ireland of 2008-2009. I personally didn't want to give you the money, however if the rumours of mcgeady and robbie keane are true, i'm not so apprehensive now, what's YOUR thoughts on mcgeady and keane?

Mattyc55 said:
For what reasons Moomba?

I think for years he's been a bit of a plodder, very one paced and doesn't have a whole lot to his game.

He had a breakthrough season last season, but still wasn't what I would call top class. Put him up against the top quality midfielders and he came up short time and time again.

I don't think he's got a lot of improvement left in him, and to be honest I'd choose ability (of which he has some) over workrate (which is where his reputation comes from IMO).

And the price ....

moomba said:
Surely we've got to be able to form our own opinions on a signing, not just show blind faith in the manager.

Personally I think Milner will be a bad signing.

This. Just because a manager sees something in a player, doesn't mean they will turn out that way. Jo was bought to be a target man although it was clear he's more like Adebayor, a striker who plays better with the ball served to his feet. We kept using him as a target man and he looked shite to us.

Blindly saying Mancini can do no wrong sounds childish.

glen quagmire said:
irreverent ad said:
By the way I am a Villa fan. Milner average last year? You are speaking tripe, sir!

What's the general feeling in the villa camp mate? I think milner is a good player, i just think if ireland is part of the deal, you will get the ireland of 2008-2009. I personally didn't want to give you the money, however if the rumours of mcgeady and robbie keane are true, i'm not so apprehensive now, what's YOUR thoughts on mcgeady and keane?

I think that the main feeling is relief. This has dragged on for so long now that it has become a bore. I think it is a slightly better deal for Villa IF O'Neill can put his arm around Ireland and make him feel special, like he has with Young etc.

Keane would be a fantastic addition for Villa. We are really lacking an intelligent striker who can link with the midfield. With McGeady I must admit I have not seen too much of him (but Messi apparantly rates him ??!!).

Do Dunne and Ireland get on? We look to be getting our own irish colony with O'Neill, Dunne, Keane, Ireland and McGeady so hopefully the team will gel quickly.

I think the deal enables both clubs to improve.

moomba said:
Mattyc55 said:
For what reasons Moomba?

I think for years he's been a bit of a plodder, very one paced and doesn't have a whole lot to his game.

He had a breakthrough season last season, but still wasn't what I would call top class. Put him up against the top quality midfielders and he came up short time and time again.

I don't think he's got a lot of improvement left in him, and to be honest I'd choose ability (of which he has some) over workrate (which is where his reputation comes from IMO).

And the price ....

This is how I see him as well. This guy is near his peak in my opinion and for a 24 year old has been pretty well used already. He's got more miles on his legs than most 27 year olds. He's a top player but not a class player worth nearly £30m.

moomba said:
Mattyc55 said:
For what reasons Moomba?

And the price ....

its all about ones own opinion as you say but i see an equal amount of both in milner and feel he can a and will only get better!

i would go as far as to say compare him to lampard at the same age but only time will tell if he becomes the player lampard is now.

irreverent ad said:
glen quagmire said:

I think that the main feeling is relief. This has dragged on for so long now that it has become a bore. I think it is a slightly better deal for Villa IF O'Neill can put his arm around Ireland and make him feel special, like he has with Young etc.

Keane would be a fantastic addition for Villa. We are really lacking an intelligent striker who can link with the midfield. With McGeady I must admit I have not seen too much of him (but Messi apparantly rates him ??!!).

Do Dunne and Ireland get on? We look to be getting our own irish colony with O'Neill, Dunne, Keane, Ireland and McGeady so hopefully the team will gel quickly.

I think the deal enables both clubs to improve.

Yup. Not all City fans are negative on Milner. I'd love to have him. A swap would enable both players to improve on their current sour situations.

Just got back in from being out most of the day - is this a done deal now? Only time for a quick scan/catch up before heading to COMS so a quick update appreciated! Ta

Rammyblues said:
This guy will generate fuck all for us from the midfield. He goes missing in the big games.

When did Ireland have a sensational game in a so called big game, because I can't remember it if he did.

Did we pay £30m for Ireland? It's not a Ireland versus Milner debate (I'd prefer Ireland but not everyone would), it's a question of getting value for a player which I don't think we are. I don't think Milner improves our team, so I'd rather keep Ireland and use the £17-18m difference to pursue a top quality CB. This is a wasteful signing in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.