Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daz_Blue said:
After Milner and Balotelli are we done for this year or do you expect any more new signings ....Luiz and Gourcuff maybe .....i hope we get a 4th striker if we lose RSC, Caicedo, Jo, Bellers and Robbie

I think that'll be it, if it is though then i'll be surprised we haven't strengthened in the centre of defence.....Boateng apart.

Here's what I think is going on:

City have agreed to buy Milner.

Don't know about agreeing terms, or if a medical is still required.

Don't know the price, either. All I can say for sure is that it's going to be more than our original bid. This next bit is important:

I think most of the stories in yesterday's papers came from Villa. In particular, the 17+Ireland figure obviously came from Villa. It's natural the deal was presented as favourable to them. But there are two sides to every story.

17+ Ireland is Villa's take on it, but I think it's flawed. as of this afternoon, it appears there is no firm agreement on Ireland going the other way.

Think back to the Kolarov/Garrido deal. City made sure they did the two deals separately. So my guess is Villa are talking up the Ireland signing to appease the fans, or to avoid looking like a 'selling club'. But as they haven't agreed a price for Ireland, 17+Ireland is meaningless. They may be in pole position, but I sincerely doubt we have promised to refuse listen to other offers.

The other major flaw with that figure, is that I bet they are including about 4m worth of possible add-ons. The original offer was made up of 16+ 4m add ons, so you have to think this offer will also include 4/5m of add ons.

so, say, City have agreed to buy Milner for 20m +5m add ons. Villa value Ireland at 8m. They put out their side of the story (17m+Ireland). but if other clubs step in they could possibly push the price to Ireland up as high as 12m. Villa could say was 13m+ Ireland, but that's still counting all the add-ons. City could justifiably claim, it's 8m+Ireland.

I hope what's happening is that City are waiting for other bids come in for Ireland, driving the price up.

(actually what I really hope is that Ireland goes down on his hands and knees begging to stay, and promises to do whatever is asked of him, but I think it's too late)

bluemoon32 said:
Daz_Blue said:
After Milner and Balotelli are we done for this year or do you expect any more new signings ....Luiz and Gourcuff maybe .....i hope we get a 4th striker if we lose RSC, Caicedo, Jo, Bellers and Robbie

I think that'll be it, if it is though then i'll be surprised we haven't strengthened in the centre of defence.....Boateng apart.

I know why you're saying that. The centre of defence hasn't looked right since Sven left. Having said that we have loads of players who can play in centre of defence and have good reputations (Toure, Lescott, Kompany, Boateng, Richards, Yaya and Nedum if he stays/makes the 25). It is now a matter of getting some continuity in that position. Finding a decent partnership or two out of the players we have and giving people a run at it. I think on balance that I am quite happy we haven't just brought more centre backs in, we'll never get a settled partnership if we just keep chopping and changing.

Chick Counterfly said:

Don't know the price, either. All I can say for sure is that it's going to be more than our original bid. This next bit is important:

I think most of the stories in yesterday's papers came from Villa. In particular, the 17+Ireland figure obviously came from Villa. It's natural the deal was presented as favourable to them. But there are two sides to every story.

17+ Ireland is Villa's take on it, but I think it's flawed. as of this afternoon, it appears there is no firm agreement on Ireland going the other way.

Think back to the Kolarov/Garrido deal. City made sure they did the two deals separately. So my guess is Villa are talking up the Ireland signing to appease the fans, or to avoid looking like a 'selling club'. But as they haven't agreed a price for Ireland, 17+Ireland is meaningless. They may be in pole position, but I sincerely doubt we have promised to refuse listen to other offers.

The other major flaw with that figure, is that I bet they are including about 4m worth of possible add-ons. The original offer was made up of 16+ 4m add ons, so you have to think this offer will also include 4/5m of add ons.

so, say, City have agreed to buy Milner for 20m +5m add ons. Villa value Ireland at 8m. They put out their side of the story (17m+Ireland). but if other clubs step in they could possibly push the price to Ireland up as high as 12m. Villa could say was 13m+ Ireland, but that's still counting all the add-ons. City could justifiably claim, it's 8m+Ireland.

I hope what's happening is that City are waiting for other bids come in for Ireland, driving the price up.

(actually what I really hope is that Ireland goes down on his hands and knees begging to stay, and promises to do whatever is asked of him, but I think it's too late)

Unfortunately the flawed part is that none of the other teams have made much of a move to sign Ireland. O'Neill is always very cautious, both managers has said a deal is close. Both Ireland and Milner did not play against Valencia.

It seems very close, rough figures will have been agreed.

If City were wanting to attract other bids, Ireland would be playing tonight.

you're probably right, it's a hope beyond hope. but for some reason all the signals I'm getting are that the Milner is beyond the point of no return, but the Ireland deal might still have some distance to run. It could just be Villa needing to agree terms with the boy, it could be more than that.

I'm just saying to the city fans; hold on, don't go beserk over this deal just yet, the reported figure might not be all that reliable.

irreverent ad said:
Chick Counterfly said:

Redknapp has said he's already asked about signing him but backed off at the 12m price tag. The fella's take on it above is probley about right.

Unfortunately the flawed part is that none of the other teams have made much of a move to sign Ireland. O'Neill is always very cautious, both managers has said a deal is close. Both Ireland and Milner did not play against Valencia.

It seems very close, rough figures will have been agreed.

If City were wanting to attract other bids, Ireland would be playing tonight.

Daz_Blue said:
I think it'll be it if as anticipated we sign Milner and Balotelli. It would represent a transfer summer far superior to what the clueless Hughes did last year with his second rate, over priced signings.

It looks as though we are gonna sign 6 players this summer, any more and I fear we could the group could struggle to gel and of course until we get rid of a few players we can't bring in anymore otherwise Mancini would have a tough time appeasing the players who aren't playing on a regular basis.

Bobby on Milner and Balotelli after today's match

"We are close with both players but now they are going with their national teams," said Mancini after Saturday's 2-0 friendly win over Valencia. "We hope that we can have these players by next Thursday.

"For now we have two days off and we are not going to talk about the market. Next week we will see. These deals could happen but we need to wait."

van_dan said:
Bobby on Milner and Balotelli after today's match

"We are close with both players but now they are going with their national teams," said Mancini after Saturday's 2-0 friendly win over Valencia. "We hope that we can have these players by next Thursday.

"For now we have two days off and we are not going to talk about the market. Next week we will see. These deals could happen but we need to wait."
Link mate? If thats the case Monday or Tuesday would be my guess

If i was o'neill i would take bellamy,onuoha,ireland and maybe whatever city want to give for milner so like that they would have a much better set of players,bellmay would make ashley play on the right where he has been better of late,onuoha would make the right back position his and stronger.

ireland if he could recover his form of 2 years ago could make them a real threat going forward with the pace of the trio bellamy,gabby and young.

This team with this attack could seriously threaten for the top 4 position and would be a way for them to get one over this stupid italian manager especially for bellers who only wants to play but has been treated like some sort of piece of kak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.