Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
AnthonyRoy said:
leewill31 said:
not sure if you have noticed but we have this experienced lad called patrick vieira who is 34 and may not be at his best any more but can still do a job so you understand what im getting at dont you?

You can't compare Patrick Viera to Gareth Barry. In his hay day Pat was a much better player than Bazza has ever been. I don't think Barry will be good enough for you in a years time, thats no insult more of a compliment.

im not comparing as players but showing an example of what a squad consists of and barry will still have enough in him and experience enough to hold his own next season imho

leewill31 said:
AnthonyRoy said:
You can't compare Patrick Viera to Gareth Barry. In his hay day Pat was a much better player than Bazza has ever been. I don't think Barry will be good enough for you in a years time, thats no insult more of a compliment.

im not comparing as players but showing an example of what a squad consists of and barry will still have enough in him and experience enough to hold his own next season imho

At the end of the day, I don't think any of us have the gift of forsight so we will just have to see what happens in the future. A lot can happen or cant happen in a year, we can all speculate.

AnthonyRoy said:
Danamy said:
Yeah and what are you trying to get at here?

The original point was Barry wanted to leave Villa to play champions league football. That is what he said in his own words during the whole Liverpool Barry situation 2 years ago. However, a deal wasn't made and Barry stayed another year at Villa. The Villa faithful had come to terms that if we did not make the champions league in the 2008/2009 then we would be happy for Barry to go so he can play in Europes top competition. He didn't, he left for a team at that time not were in any European competitions. That was the gripe of the Villa fans.

And so, what I am trying to get at is that Barry may not get get that champions league football he wanted. He is not the youngest of players. If you don't make champion league this season (though I believe you will) then I recon he will never play champions league football (his supposed reason for leaving Villa).

I can easily see Barry falling out of your squad in the next year if he don't have a good season.

Barry left Villa to further his career you can't argue with that.............if he doesn't make the grade to play Champs Footy then the only person he can blame is himself if he isn't good enough?
Who knows he might go to another team that doesn't have the strength and depth of ours and fulfill his ambition?
One thing i wouldn't do is boo him as for me he's a model professional, you can't knock the guy for trying to better himself as i'm sure in his position you would of done the same thing.....................

The fact is city have a good chance of winning something and playing in the champions league in the next 3 - 5 seasons. Villa dont.

Villa fans might not like or accept this but thats how it is.

Danamy said:
AnthonyRoy said:
The original point was Barry wanted to leave Villa to play champions league football. That is what he said in his own words during the whole Liverpool Barry situation 2 years ago. However, a deal wasn't made and Barry stayed another year at Villa. The Villa faithful had come to terms that if we did not make the champions league in the 2008/2009 then we would be happy for Barry to go so he can play in Europes top competition. He didn't, he left for a team at that time not were in any European competitions. That was the gripe of the Villa fans.

And so, what I am trying to get at is that Barry may not get get that champions league football he wanted. He is not the youngest of players. If you don't make champion league this season (though I believe you will) then I recon he will never play champions league football (his supposed reason for leaving Villa).

I can easily see Barry falling out of your squad in the next year if he don't have a good season.

Barry left Villa to further his career you can't argue with that.............if he doesn't make the grade to play Champs Footy then the only person he can blame is himself if he isn't good enough?
Who knows he might go to another team that doesn't have the strength and depth of ours and fulfill his ambition?
One thing i wouldn't do is boo him as for me he's a model professional, you can't knock the guy for trying to better himself as i'm sure in his position you would of done the same thing.....................

I personally never boo'd Barry on his return. The gripe Villa fans had was, he would have stayed if we made champ football that year (missed out after being 8 points ahead of the Gooners) and he clearly said he wanted champions league football. When Villa didn't make it, fans were slightly bemused that he turned down the chance to play champs footy with Liverpool (who finished 2nd that season) and join a club 3 places below us at that time with no guarantees of CL. That is what started the "he left for the money" comments. Its obvious, the chances of future success at City was higher than at Villa because of the financial backing. I don't blame him for leaving, but with 2 choices at that time one CL football one not, that bemused fans. That was just the general consensus.

Gareth Barry was good for us and I'll always appretiate the work he put in, the same would go for Milner too if he is still to go.

AnthonyRoy said:
leewill31 said:

At the end of the day, I don't think any of us have the gift of forsight so we will just have to see what happens in the future. A lot can happen or cant happen in a year, we can all speculate.

Like a player changing his mind ??? Barry made a statement almost a year earlier, and as in you're own words "A lot can happen or cant happen in a year".

alera said:
The fact is city have a good chance of winning something and playing in the champions league in the next 3 - 5 seasons. Villa dont.

Villa fans might not like or accept this but thats how it is.

To be fair, they did reach the League Cup final, but I can't see them challenging for cups or fourth now

AnthonyRoy said:
Danamy said:

I personally never boo'd Barry on his return. The gripe Villa fans had was, he would have stayed if we made champ football that year (missed out after being 8 points ahead of the Gooners) and he clearly said he wanted champions league football. When Villa didn't make it, fans were slightly bemused that he turned down the chance to play champs footy with Liverpool (who finished 2nd that season) and join a club 3 places below us at that time with no guarantees of CL. That is what started the "he left for the money" comments. Its obvious, the chances of future success at City was higher than at Villa because of the financial backing. I don't blame him for leaving, but with 2 choices at that time one CL football one not, that bemused fans. That was just the general consensus.

Gareth Barry was good for us and I'll always appretiate the work he put in, the same would go for Milner too if he is still to go.

Respect... However, that's the minimum i'd expect for any player who had given you almost 10yr impeccable service, regardless of any reason he may of left.

This bring back any memories !!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8[/youtube]

always reminds me of the villa idiot fan when Barry was taking a corner against them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.