Milner update.

de niro said:
roque balboa said:
Why would O'Neill say Milner wanted to come, if it wasn't true? Some people are complete idiots on here, I'm sorry to be so bland about it.
I will edit your post as we don't use words like that on bluemoon.

What did he say?! I missed it!<br /><br />-- Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:33 pm --<br /><br />
The Fixer said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Of course he's expressed an interest in coming.

Your comment shows real ignorance of contracts and transfers.

I don't mean to be personal, lots of football fans seem to think that way: you want to leave so you put in a tranfer request and inform the media.

It really, really doen't work that way.

Well as far as i'm concerned he should knock in an official transfer request end of for me, it's plain to see city don't wanna meet villa's 30 mill valuation and he could force villa's hand ever so slightly.. just my opinion on it tbh.

Yes, what's the point of transfer requests then? Is it just a case of 'We've sold your ass, here's a golden goodbye' versus 'You wanted to go, so no leaving present payments for you'?

The Fixer said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Of course he's expressed an interest in coming.

Your comment shows real ignorance of contracts and transfers.

I don't mean to be personal, lots of football fans seem to think that way: you want to leave so you put in a tranfer request and inform the media.

It really, really doen't work that way.

Well as far as i'm concerned he should knock in an official transfer request end of for me, it's plain to see city don't wanna meet villa's 30 mill valuation and he could force villa's hand ever so slightly.. just my opinion on it tbh.

Slowly Slowly catchee Monkey. No need to prod it if its loose.

The Irishman is only doing the best for his Club by being the bad guy and trying to push the price up. Like everyone else on this site, I would imagine, I would say that we hold our position and if he doesn't come then so be it and it will still have been a brilliant pre-season in acquiring the world's better players.

Ireland was interviewed in USA and he said that he would like to stay at City and se how things go, and may review again in Dec transfer window

He said he recognised that he had a disappointing season last year, but also knows that he played well 12 months ago, and wants to recapture that form.

Interview was on the City web-site I think. Yet it doesn't stop the Daily Rubbish from printing stories linking him away form the club. However were City to accept a bid for him, that may change his outlook

I hope he stays and we get milner. Villa should have accepted our first offer of £20 Million. Now it's difficult for them to get in replacements. West Ham have reportedly told Spurs that Scott Parker is not available at any price so Villa will experience the same problems

Ireland has made it clear he is not interested in going to Villa or Sunderland said as much in a recent interview.

We wont pay more than £24 million (Still £10 million too much IMO) Villa are demanding £30 million - What David Villa cost Barca !

Villa wont match our Valuation of Ireland (£12 - £14 million)

Ireland wont go to Villa anyway. This deal is dead as far as I can see and I honestly believe thats good news for city. Move on and buy a better German or Dutch player for half the money. Leave Villa with an unsettled player and no money or time for new signings, worked out perfectly as far as I am concerned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.