Milner update.

Tez Tosterone said:
Marvin said:
Not sure what a "real world value" is. If you look at what players like Owen Hargreaves and Carrick have gone for, it's on a par.

If Milner is such an average no-mark, how did they do so well last season in the League and Cups? He's the PFA Young player of the Year, and has been steadily progressing each season since making the breakthrough at Leeds. I've always rated him. If you want flicks, and tippy-tappy fancy football I can see why you're not impressed. Every team needs a Milner. If Yaya can play every game then maybe we can do without, but he's not going to manage that. De Jong is too static, so's Barry and no one else in City's team fulfils the role that Milner can play. Possibly Michael Johnson, but he's a long way off playing

Exactly when is Michael Johnson ready to be available for 1st team football?
Aiming to be back playing in October I think, but at what level I am not sure

28 mil is a compromise? Yikes! Sounds like we're getting taken to the cleaners for a player already estranged from the coach.

Offer 24, take it or leave it.

NewbBlue said:
28 mil is a compromise? Yikes! Sounds like we're getting taken to the cleaners for a player already estranged from the coach.

What's the point of splitting hairs on £4m when setting it against the purchase of Roque Santa Cruz at £17m.

If indications that Leslie wants to take Croque to Craven Cottage are true, I am prepared to wager that the offer on the table would be not unadjacent to a figure of £6m. And even that would be a very generous offer.

Tez Tosterone said:
NewbBlue said:

What's the point of splitting hairs on £4m when setting it against the purchase of Roque Santa Cruz at £17m.

If indications that Leslie wants to take Croque to Craven Cottage are true, I am prepared to wager that the offer on the table would be not unadjacent to a figure of £6m. And even that would be a very generous offer.
Why would the offer be adjacent to a figure of £6m? Do City still use a dot matrix printer and forget to tear off the last printout or something.
You've not got the hang of this transfer lark either, RSC is a fantastic footballer who is sure to prosper now he's over his injuries and as such we want £16m. Milner is an over rated failed striker who we are willing to give a chance to.
;-)

Neil McNab said:
Tez Tosterone said:

RSC is a fantastic footballer who is sure to prosper

Do you want me to organize someone in a white coat to call around?

Tez Tosterone said:
NewbBlue said:

Itll be interesting how hughes goes about that, as he cannot offer a low amount, as we will say " well you thought he was worth this much last season". so if hughes comes in, i expect at least 10m, 18m for him and bells.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.