Milner update.

Why do so many people rate milner so highly?? He is an average player and no better than we already have.
He is worth 15m at best and the only reason we are even considering paying more is because he had a good world cup in comparison to every other english player.

Everyone on here has a tendency to overlook what we already have. We have plenty of cover for his position and i personally would like to see a little bit of room for the youth players to grow into. Furthermore, if we did buy milner he wouldn't even get a start. Would you really rather play him than AJ, Silva or De Jong??

Pam said:
Villa are getting on my nerves. Why haven't they bitten our hands off at £24m. WTF makes them think they can get £30m in a buyer's market and no other competing bid in sight?

We haven't bid £24m have we?

I thought we were still in with the original £20m bid, and haven't yet improved it?

Unless you know otherwise...

Soulboy said:
Pam said:
Villa are getting on my nerves. Why haven't they bitten our hands off at £24m. WTF makes them think they can get £30m in a buyer's market and no other competing bid in sight?

I thought we were still in with the original £20m bid, and haven't yet improved it?

What is known is that Villa have actually asked for £30m – I don't know if we have improved on our original reported £20million offer though

clearly we just aint desperate to add , milner and balloteli..because we would just throw the money at the deals ,because both players want to come to city .....it seems as though mancini would like them to be city players ,but absolutely not at any cost ,hense the haggling with them ,,imo lol

MCFCDerek said:
Why do so many people rate milner so highly?? He is an average player and no better than we already have.
He is worth 15m at best and the only reason we are even considering paying more is because he had a good world cup in comparison to every other english player.

Everyone on here has a tendency to overlook what we already have. We have plenty of cover for his position and i personally would like to see a little bit of room for the youth players to grow into. Furthermore, if we did buy milner he wouldn't even get a start. Would you really rather play him than AJ, Silva or De Jong??

didnt we bid 20m before the World Cup? Scarily thats closer to being factually correct than everything else you typed

Kinky by name said:
Soulboy said:

What is known is that Villa have actually asked for £30m – I don't know if we have improved on our original reported £20million offer though

How is it known?

Who has said that Villa are after £30m? The newspapers?

When O'Neill or Lerner announces it, or maybe even someone from City, then I might believe it.

Until then it's just speculation. I really do prefer facts to fantasy.

Soulboy said:
Kinky by name said:

How is it known?

Who has said that Villa are after £30m? The newspapers?

When O'Neill or Lerner announces it, or maybe even someone from City, then I might believe it.

Until then it's just speculation. I really do prefer facts to fantasy.

PM

Tevez City said:
Who cares about England international team ! They are not Spain nor Brazil

England didn`t qualify for Euro 2008 ! What doest that tells you ?
England had a shameful World cup this summer. What doest that tells you ?

I would rather have Modric over Milner anytime . and I am sure if Modric was english , his picture will be in the papers everyday and the media " SKY" will classify him as the best midfielder on the planet.

So stop hyping English players, and just give credits where its due .

You clearly didn't read my post mate. If you did, and you think I was hyping anybody then you need to seriously revise your definition of 'hype'.

I also do not give two fucks about the England team or English players.

Neither Ozil nor Milner would be exciting signings to me - I wouldn't say no to either, and I don't care about the fee, but of the two it seems Ozil is far more overhyped on here than Milner is.

Balotelli and Luiz are the only remaining signings I am hoping for that we haven't already made. I would not turn down Milner, Ozil, Maicon, Ibrahimovic or Torres though, but if Balotelli and Luiz are signed we don't actually need anyone else.

Until January ;-)

Pam said:
Villa are getting on my nerves. Why haven't they bitten our hands off at £24m. WTF makes them think trice, ey can get £30m in a buyer's market and no other competing bid in sight?

Sorry but what makes you think that because you have bid we have to sell, the facts are that we do not need to sell and we dont want to sell so regardless of anything you think, you either match the valuation or move on.

no doubt you are just one of the many johnny come lately gang that has deflected from there previous glory hunting team to city.

but dont just think that because you have a lot of money that gives you the right to set the price, you got YaYa at barcelona's price because they wanted to get rid as he had lost his place to a youngster for the youth team, and silva you got cheaper than expected as valencia are almost bankrupt and couldnt really turn down the offer.

My own opinion is he's not worth 30 million but if thats what MoN and Randy are asking then that is there right, just like you have the right to set the price on any player that leaves city.

sorry mod's i have tried to stay clear of anything to do with this as to not cause any offense but when people post ridiculous things like that i have to response.

CoE82 said:
Pam said:
Villa are getting on my nerves. Why haven't they bitten our hands off at £24m. WTF makes them think trice, ey can get £30m in a buyer's market and no other competing bid in sight?

Sorry but what makes you think that because you have bid we have to sell, the facts are that we do not need to sell and we dont want to sell so regardless of anything you think, you either match the valuation or move on.

no doubt you are just one of the many johnny come lately gang that has deflected from there previous glory hunting team to city.

but dont just think that because you have a lot of money that gives you the right to set the price, you got YaYa at barcelona's price because they wanted to get rid as he had lost his place to a youngster for the youth team, and silva you got cheaper than expected as valencia are almost bankrupt and couldnt really turn down the offer.

My own opinion is he's not worth 30 million but if thats what MoN and Randy are asking then that is there right, just like you have the right to set the price on any player that leaves city.

sorry mod's i have tried to stay clear of anything to do with this as to not cause any offense but when people post ridiculous things like that i have to response.

Have to agree I'm afraid. If they don't want to sell at the price we have offered then they don't have to. The arrogance some City fans have aquired over the last couple of years is upsetting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.