Milner update.

carrconormcfc said:
I just don't understand why we're paying anything more than 15 million for the guy. If we hadn't been linked to him I don't think anyone on the forum would be that arsed about trying to sign him. We could get someone like Gourcuff for 30 mill, or even Javi Martinez form Athletic Bilbao we could get for a lot less. Nothing more than an average player Milner, if he wasn't English he wouldn't get any attention.

you are a dope<br /><br />-- Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:28 pm --<br /><br />
richards30 said:
i agree with many on here regarding milner/ozil.milner is a really good player but if we can get ozil for half it its a no brainer really!!

sigh, totally different players.

Giles said:
carrconormcfc said:
I just don't understand why we're paying anything more than 15 million for the guy. If we hadn't been linked to him I don't think anyone on the forum would be that arsed about trying to sign him. We could get someone like Gourcuff for 30 mill, or even Javi Martinez form Athletic Bilbao we could get for a lot less. Nothing more than an average player Milner, if he wasn't English he wouldn't get any attention.

you are a dope

-- Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:28 pm --

richards30 said:
i agree with many on here regarding milner/ozil.milner is a really good player but if we can get ozil for half it its a no brainer really!!

2rfyj9y.jpg

people are just not getting it m8!

leewill31 said:
Giles said:
you are a dope

-- Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:28 pm --

2rfyj9y.jpg

Getting what? It's called an opinion mate, you should try getting one rather than following the rest of the sheep. He's had ONE good season (similar to Ireland's in 09) and suddenly he's the best thing since sliced bread? Do you think any clubs would've payed £30 mill for Ireland after last season? NO. Villa are taking the piss out of us for an ordinary player.

Please, explain to me what I'm not getting. The english player hype machine?

carrconormcfc said:
leewill31 said:
2rfyj9y.jpg

Getting what? It's called an opinion mate, you should try getting one rather than following the rest of the sheep. He's had ONE good season (similar to Ireland's in 09) and suddenly he's the best thing since sliced bread? Do you think any clubs would've payed £30 mill for Ireland after last season? NO. Villa are taking the piss out of us for an ordinary player.

He's improved throughout his career at every club he's been at, leeds, newcastle and villa so he's nothing like ireland. I think the price tag is more to do with the club not his ability. If he was joining one of the big 3 his value would be a lot less. That's just my opinion anyway.

Marvin said:
svennis pennis said:
You need to chill Winston.
when someone says your comments are utter bullshit, the conclusion can only be not to bother

end of the day you can't go round calling people retarded when your info doesn't pay off. The same thing happened last year with the Lescott saga, pollerz said he was gonna sign before a day and he never did, people question him and he gets aggressive! I'd rather he didn't post the info if it meant he won't act like a brat because a couple of people don't believe him.

carrconormcfc said:
leewill31 said:
2rfyj9y.jpg

trust me pal your not the only one who doesnt want milner here.

Right can I just make something clear, we are paying over the odds because Villa don't want to sell. Thats all you need to knlow so stop fucking moaning.

Pearce_out said:
Right can I just make something clear, we are paying over the odds because Villa don't want to sell. Thats all you need to knlow so stop fucking moaning.

exactly, no point comparing prices especially with Ozil, as he has 1 yr left, and Werder are not in a strong position, where as villa do not want to sell. Impossible to compare.

Milner is a very good player but different to Ozil so buying one would not preclude buying the other, they would only be mutually exclusive options if you had budgetary constraints, which City don't really haveat this point in time. There's not much suggestion though that City are after Ozil.

If City do buy Milner, it's doubtful that they will do so until the tail-end of the window.

I suggest going for them both, Milner can replace a slow and ageing Gareth Barry, whereas Ozil would replace a regressing Steven Ireland.

Milner would be great in the centre with Yaya and Ozil could give us the craft and guile as a CAM or LAM, switching positions with Silva.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.