Milner update.

CoE82 said:
Pam said:
Villa are getting on my nerves. Why haven't they bitten our hands off at £24m. WTF makes them think trice, ey can get £30m in a buyer's market and no other competing bid in sight?

Sorry but what makes you think that because you have bid we have to sell, the facts are that we do not need to sell and we dont want to sell so regardless of anything you think, you either match the valuation or move on.

no doubt you are just one of the many johnny come lately gang that has deflected from there previous glory hunting team to city.

but dont just think that because you have a lot of money that gives you the right to set the price, you got YaYa at barcelona's price because they wanted to get rid as he had lost his place to a youngster for the youth team, and silva you got cheaper than expected as valencia are almost bankrupt and couldnt really turn down the offer.

My own opinion is he's not worth 30 million but if thats what MoN and Randy are asking then that is there right, just like you have the right to set the price on any player that leaves city.

sorry mod's i have tried to stay clear of anything to do with this as to not cause any offense but when people post ridiculous things like that i have to response.

Apart from the jonny come lately remark nothing wrong with that post.

allan harper said:
CoE82 said:
Sorry but what makes you think that because you have bid we have to sell, the facts are that we do not need to sell and we dont want to sell so regardless of anything you think, you either match the valuation or move on.

no doubt you are just one of the many johnny come lately gang that has deflected from there previous glory hunting team to city.

but dont just think that because you have a lot of money that gives you the right to set the price, you got YaYa at barcelona's price because they wanted to get rid as he had lost his place to a youngster for the youth team, and silva you got cheaper than expected as valencia are almost bankrupt and couldnt really turn down the offer.

My own opinion is he's not worth 30 million but if thats what MoN and Randy are asking then that is there right, just like you have the right to set the price on any player that leaves city.

sorry mod's i have tried to stay clear of anything to do with this as to not cause any offense but when people post ridiculous things like that i have to response.

Apart from the jonny come lately remark nothing wrong with that post.

cheers mate sometimes that red mist hits. anyway i shall leave any thread to do with villa players alone as i dont want to get dragged into it.

Kennedy_probably_has said:
Have to agree I'm afraid. If they don't want to sell at the price we have offered then they don't have to. The arrogance some City fans have aquired over the last couple of years is upsetting.

I agree too...

Except I think Villa are actually desperate to sell Milner now, and are just trying to squeeze as much out of us as possible.

Unlike with Balotelli though, I don't think we should go the extra mile on this one. I wouldn't even put in another bid. Leave the £20m on the table and I suspect they will be back before the end of August.

If not, then no real harm done (to us - they will be left with an unhappy player).

SalfordCityBlue said:
Have to agree I'm afraid. If they don't want to sell at the price we have offered then they don't have to. The arrogance some City fans have aquired over the last couple of years is upsetting.

I agree too...

Except I think Villa are actually desperate to sell Milner now, and are just trying to squeeze as much out of us as possible.

Unlike with Balotelli though, I don't think we should go the extra mile on this one. I wouldn't even put in another bid. Leave the £20m on the table and I suspect they will be back before the end of August.

If not, then no real harm done (to us - they will be left with an unhappy player).

I don't think they're desperate to sell him, on the contrary I think they'd prefer to keep him. But like you say they want to get and much money out of us as possible. I also don't think O'Neill will be that fussed about him being unhappy, look what happened with Barry the other year after Liverpool were after him. He played for O'Neill the following season and played well after he'd requested a transfer. If Milner stayed there he'd know he was the main man and I'm sure he'd relish it.

CoE82 said:
Pam said:
Villa are getting on my nerves. Why haven't they bitten our hands off at £24m. WTF makes them think trice, ey can get £30m in a buyer's market and no other competing bid in sight?

You're exactly right

Villa and MON have every right to tell us to swivel if they doin't get the price they see fit for Milner...in the same way we did with SWP..it's all part of the brinkmanship.

Contrast MON's response to City's offer for Milner to that of Moyes over Lescott.
No histrionics,crying to the press about how unfair it all is,slagging the manager and generally playing to the gantry with the pathetic "City are ruining football" routine.

Just "there's the price."

Fair play to him.

CoE82 said:
Pam said:

You talk a lot of sense mate.

Some City fans really haven't grasped the intricacies of the transfer market and naively belive that every club is on the verge of bankruptcy and are desperate to sell to us...

I remember similar stuff when Hughes went after RSC in the January window... we got up to £14m and many on here were spouting that we should walk away as Allardyce would be begging us to sign him for half that amount in the summer.

We ended up spending even more. Most Premiership managers are not stupid and know how to drive a deal.

Just like O'Neill is now doing with Milner. Get used to it.

I don't think they're desperate to sell him, on the contrary I think they'd prefer to keep him. But like you say they want to get and much money out of us as possible. I also don't think O'Neill will be that fussed about him being unhappy, look what happened with Barry the other year after Liverpool were after him.

I should really have said 'desperate to sell him for a jackpot fee', praying that The Bank of Man City is open for business.

I have no doubt whatsoever that O'Neill and Lerner would be delighted to let him leave for £30m. O'Neill could do a lot with the money, and I suspect Lerner would give it to him.

Hopefully we won't pay that. If we get him at all it should be for significantly less than that. If we have to pay that to get him, we shouldn't IMO.

That said, if we do it's not my money, and he would be an asset to the squad - just not a £30m asset.

MON held out against Liverpool and I suspect he will do the same for us. To me it is simple pay the man or walk away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.