Milner update.

Marvin said:
Bart said:
Not sure I get the logic. Why didn't you sign Milner from Newcastle then? There are LOADS of talented midfielders around, you just need a manager to pick them out and give them a proper chance.
The logic is that City want to buy players who can take us from 5th to top 4 inside UEFA's strangulation rules so we can't concentrate on unearthing the next James Milner or Ashley Young, we have to buy players who are already at the top of their game.

City and Villa have different transfer strategies.

That I fully understand. Was just a bit bemused about what MON could do with £ 25 Million.

Trigger said:
I prefer to rely on Mancini's judgement on a player over any wannabee football managers on here ;)

Interesting theory. Speaking for myself, I'm hugely impressed with Mancini's signings in this window, but I've never rated Milner. If we sign him, I'll have my fingers crossed that I'm proved wrong.

woolleyback blue said:
Why is the use of the description "Workhorse" an insult.

You could use the phrase to describe Gerrard..He's the guy that made Liverpool tick. He was the guy who worked keeping them going when the going got tough.

I'm not insulting Milner when I say he's a workhorse, its merely the most convenient description for his type of player. Doesn't mean they can't be skillful, it simply means they are all action combined with that skill.

i don't think anyone is saying milner is not a work horse i think that some don't really understand what type of player he is

he has a fantastic work ethic as you have stated but he brings that energy to all parts of the field add to that as some have pointed out his assists, goal scoring and delivery from wide areas and you have the makings of a top midfield operator, which is different from any other midfield player we currently have in our squad

i think to many comparisons are being made with our current crop of midfield players where milner is concerned when really the comparisons are not there

I am not James Milner's biggest fan in this window simply because i think our midfield is strong enough already without having to sign another player who is going to want playing time, and im a big fan of wingers and width as apose to a narrow 1-2-1 midfield. But i think alot of people on here are being harsh on the boy.

He has just won Young player of the Year, he is still only 24 and has knocked up over 300 appearences in the premier league. Last season he scored 12 goals in all competitions from midfield along with 12 assists making him one of the top assisters in the league. He was Aston Villa best player, a side who only finished one place below us. He knows what its all about putting a shift in, he'll give you 100% all game every game and i think he'd be a good signing. Perhaps the figures talked about are a litte overboard and our midfield is already strong, but he isn't a bad player.

milner as some have said is an ok signing,but for a change its nice to see us signing players who are young and hungry for sucess,just read the piece about kolarov and he is only talking about winning no mention of if we can get forth spot,its win or nothing...

some people seem to forget its a squad game.its not a case of milner replacing someone,the whole squad will be needed at some point.he can cover a few positions well.perhaps we can make him a world star, rather than just buying one who is already.he is definately better than some of the players that are in the squad already.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.