Minutes silence for Japan - ruined by rags

citykev28 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
What? Come on mate be serious i hate them as much as any City fan but sometimes people miss the bigger picture. You want that bet or what?

mate, i'm having a laugh. my previous post on this thread suggseted that a marsielle fan shouted "it's was merde." in an anglo-french hybrid language.

no, i don't want a bet. you're probably right. it's just convenient that it's united up first and i can accuse them of being shitbags. calm down.

Thats actually quite funny!! good call. Have to find some asleep on the train to Wembley and slap them

Dubai Blue said:
While I have no issue at all with marking things like this, it's always puzzled me why it's left to football fans of all people to convey the nation's grief at times like this. You don't get it at the cinema or the theatre or at a gig or down the supermarket; no, we just leave it to a bunch of pissed up football fans and then lambast them when it occasionally goes wrong. Very strange.

Very good point!

BoyBlue_1985 said:
FeedTheGoat10 said:
I might sound a bit heartless, but why do they need a minutes silence for people in Japan? Why've they never done one for Haiti, the tsunami in Thailand, the people dying in Libya?

Libya is an uprising, when has there ever been a minutes silence for an unresolved uprising?

Pretty sure there were minutes silence for Thailand tsunami

As for Haiti

9/11

7/7

And the Soham Girls.

Wouldn't have been one for the 7/7 (hate that term, just copying USA with naming the date of Twin Towers) as no games in July.

Dubai Blue said:
While I have no issue at all with marking things like this, it's always puzzled me why it's left to football fans of all people to convey the nation's grief at times like this. You don't get it at the cinema or the theatre or at a gig or down the supermarket; no, we just leave it to a bunch of pissed up football fans and then lambast them when it occasionally goes wrong. Very strange.

Completely agree - we need to get back to only having minute silences for football related reasons..... we need to get over the school of thought that ''by not having a minute silence it is disrespectful''. No it is not disrespectful, just a case of sense of proportion.

I'd love it, just love it if when Thatcher goes, they impose a minute silence on grounds throughout the country...... can just imagine places associated with coal mines, ship yards, steel works all standing to attention in honour of Maggie! Bring it on!!

Meddler said:
Dubai Blue said:

Very good point!

It is a good point and I agree with him, but slagging off dirty scummy rag bastards is more fun, particularly on a subject regarding death and respect.

And even more poignant when the twats have shown everyone what real trash they are singing Hillsborough songs at a youth team match at Anfield last week.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Libya is an uprising, when has there ever been a minutes silence for an unresolved uprising?

Pretty sure there were minutes silence for Thailand tsunami

As for Haiti

9/11

7/7

And the Soham Girls.

Wouldn't have been one for the 7/7 (hate that term, just copying USA with naming the date of Twin Towers) as no games in July.

Okay the London Bombings then. Im sure there was 1 at start of season

without being a cock, I don't think it was United fans, hence the booing as well for lack of respect.

Swales lives said:
Villan10 said:
without being a cock, I don't think it was United fans, hence the booing as well for lack of respect.

Why would anyone stick up for the rag scum?
I don't get it.

Why would anyone start criticising teams for things they didn't do when they could easily criticise them for so many other things. Joey Barton is a ****, doesn't mean I'm going to blame him for things he's never done, that's just stupid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.