MLB 2024

I'm not an A's fan but I have nothing against them. They, in the past, have had some good and great teams. There are legitimate legends of the game who played for that club.

What has been done to their fans is an absolute travesty. I feel bad for them. It's as if the current owner did his best to drive fans away to make an excuse to move the club. I'm not sure why teams are wanting to move to Las Vegas. Yes. It's glitzy but they won't really have a large fan base. It's a transient city more so than many others. And it certainly isn't "recession proof." Maybe the Athletics owner and NFL team Raiders owner hope visitors to the city will spend money to watch a game? I don't know but it doesn't seem like a sound plan to me.https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2024/sep/26/oakland-athletics-final-game-john-fisher#:~:text=There is only one reason,city of Oakland, the city
That’s what they’ll be betting in so to speak, lots of visitors to Vegas the weather is guaranteed to sit in the sun and take in a game, then go and gamble etc. I’d hate to have that sort of system were they can just move a franchise, sickening,

That’s what they’ll be betting in so to speak, lots of visitors to Vegas the weather is guaranteed to sit in the sun and take in a game, then go and gamble etc. I’d hate to have that sort of system were they can just move a franchise, sickening,
I suppose so. And, I'd assume large numbers of visitors in the city taking in a game on a stag or hen do will be buying merchandise such as hats, tips, and etc after a few drinks. Whereas, long time actual fans will already have such things and not spending on something new every time.

It is sickening. I sincerely feel for the fans in Oakland who have loved that team for all their lives.

I suppose so. And, I'd assume large numbers of visitors in the city taking in a game on a stag or hen do will be buying merchandise such as hats, tips, and etc after a few drinks. Whereas, long time actual fans will already have such things and not spending on something new every time.

It is sickening. I sincerely feel for the fans in Oakland who have loved that team for all their lives.
It is sadly a reality of professional US sports and their franchise system. Oakland was already their 3rd home after being founded in Philadelphia and later moving to Kansas City. They have been there a fair while though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.