Models

I had one with a fully working bouncing bomb. Was proud of that one. Did you have them hanging in mock dog fight from your bedroom ceiling? Our cat used to get up on top of the wardrobe and launch itself paws outstretched to try and take them down. We called her the Red Baron because there were one or two WW1 models too.

I did, Spitfire v german bastard. The spitfire was the one shooting the dirty hun down.

Did anyone have the patience to paint all the parts first and then glue them together? Or was it the usual put it together first and then bodge the paint job?

The working class of Blackley? We couldn't afford the Humbrol paints nor a piece of string!!
String? Fuck sake that would have looked good. Invisible fishing line which made it look like they were in mid air but had the added attraction of garrotting the cat when she did manage to enter the stukas air space.

Btw I resent your insinuation that my hobby makes me elitist. We were so poor I slept in a cardboard box in t corridor. My best Christmas present as a child was a second hand train set that didn’t work.

Did anyone have the patience to paint all the parts first and then glue them together? Or was it the usual put it together first and then bodge the paint job?

No hang on, you had to wait until it was built to paint the camouflage on otherwise you wouldn't find it again.

Some people.

String? Fuck sake that would have looked good. Invisible fishing line which made it look like they were in mid air but had the added attraction of garrotting the cat when she did manage to enter the stukas air space.

Btw I resent your insinuation that my hobby makes me elitist. We were so poor I slept in a cardboard box in t corridor. My best Christmas present as a child was a second hand train set that didn’t work.

String is a catch all. It would have been black cotton if Mother Ewing had let me into the sewing kit, but 'invisible fishing line? Jeez, yer wouldn't fall over that on Moston Lane!

I did, Spitfire v german bastard. The spitfire was the one shooting the dirty hun down.
I sat on the end of my bed with an invisible Bren gun trying to shoot the Luftwaffe down. That’s when I’m not on the Brexit thread of course.

I’ve been looking for some kind of hobby to get me away from the tv and help with depression. I fancied building models but my hands shake too much so started doing jigsaws. I had to take a lot of ‘old man’ jokes from people but have found it really relaxing and had a surprising feeling of satisfaction when I finished my first one (a 1000 piece of York Minster).

I'm a FOC and there was a time in the 70's when lots of kids did get models to make, spitfires, ships, all kinds of stuff, my brother was meticulous with them and made them perfectly, every single one of mine ended up smashed to bits because even as a young kid i refused to read instructions and always fucked up as a result..
Nothing has changed either, I still have a wardrobe with the doors on upside down after 7 years.... ;-) Anyone who reads the instructions is a fuckin wimp and a swotty bastard...!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.