Models

Talking about all these retro things. Does anyone remember in the late seventies all the kids wearing cool tshirts with all sorts of action scenes on them? Army helicopters with massive rattling guns firing away, Navy gunships blasting canons, AirForce jets shooting missiles. Loads of violent action for nice kids to wear. I think these were my pre airfix days. Just envisiona a fat kid in shorts, a big bowl head and one of these t shirts 2 sizes too small but rocking the housing estate.

I can never find them t shirts when I google them. Am I mad or did they exist?

I’ve been looking for some kind of hobby to get me away from the tv and help with depression. I fancied building models but my hands shake too much so started doing jigsaws. I had to take a lot of ‘old man’ jokes from people but have found it really relaxing and had a surprising feeling of satisfaction when I finished my first one (a 1000 piece of York Minster).
I used to love doing jigsaws,got really quick at doing them,don't have the patience these days

A a child I had all the modelling kit from the craft knife and even the a mini spray gun that attached to the small pots of paint. There are still some small shops that sell them but they are far and few. IMO what killed the hobby was that Airfix brought out those horrible clip together versions citing that too many kids were sniffing the glue rather than using it on the models.

Talking about all these retro things. Does anyone remember in the late seventies all the kids wearing cool tshirts with all sorts of action scenes on them? Army helicopters with massive rattling guns firing away, Navy gunships blasting canons, AirForce jets shooting missiles. Loads of violent action for nice kids to wear. I think these were my pre airfix days. Just envisiona a fat kid in shorts, a big bowl head and one of these t shirts 2 sizes too small but rocking the housing estate.

I can never find them t shirts when I google them. Am I mad or did they exist?
Mad I think, don't remember them at all.

A a child I had all the modelling kit from the craft knife and even the a mini spray gun that attached to the small pots of paint. There are still some small shops that sell them but they are far and few. IMO what killed the hobby was that Airfix brought out those horrible clip together versions citing that too many kids were sniffing the glue rather than using it on the models.

The hobby wasn’t killed.
Thee are many adults making incredibly detailed and realistic models to this day.

The hobby wasn’t killed.
Thee are many adults making incredibly detailed and realistic models to this day.

The numbers of people doing it nowadays is probably minuscule compared to the heyday, I didn't say that people stopped doing it I remarked on its decline and it has, declined mate.

This model railway Represents a fictitious town in Brittany called Pempoul about 50 years ago.
I know rural Brittany very well and it is quite stunning in its realism.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.