Moisés Caicedo

Top Quality Midfield player this lad.

Those bastards have definitely pulled the cat out of the the bag with this one.

Liverpool and City toe to toe. Klopp v Pep. Bring it on! Our only challengers this season.

Firstly, this is a huge statement of intent from Liverpool. Caicedo is class, and a massive upgrade to their midifeld and should he carry his form over, they are our biggest rivals

However, there is no way anyone can convince me this is anything but a panic signing

They pulled out of Bellingham who was a similar fee and clearly their #1 target and the bigger prospect

Also, this is a huge risk still, he's only had 1 full lesson at the top level and he's now a record British transfer..... some pressure on the kid

The goalposts have changed since the Bellingham deal though. Back then they probably didn't envisage they would lose Henderson or Fabinho, never mind pocket £52M from their sale. Plus save £350k a week just on those 2 leaving. Then they've watched rivals spend and probably realised they were in danger of being left behind.

I was initially sceptical of the rebuild they were doing, but this transfer is a bit of a game changer for me in the way it gives them balance in midfield. Like it or not, they've done a great job over the past couple of seasons now of rebuilding the team. I more than anyone just hope it takes time to click.

The goalposts have changed since the Bellingham deal though. Back then they probably didn't envisage they would lose Henderson or Fabinho, never mind pocket £52M from their sale. Plus save £350k a week just on those 2 leaving. Then they've watched rivals spend and probably realised they were in danger of being left behind.

I was initially sceptical of the rebuild they were doing, but this transfer is a bit of a game changer for me in the way it gives them balance in midfield. Like it or not, they've done a great job over the past couple of seasons now of rebuilding the team. I more than anyone just hope it takes time to click.
Quality signing this one. The game changer for me. Caicedo is top bollocks, and much better than Rice.

With Caicedo as a holding midfielder they won't be a team who you can run through. He will sweep everything up. They have McCallister alongside him who has played in the same midfield with him at Brighton for years. The only consolation is that it pushes United down the league table.

Last edited:
Firstly, this is a huge statement of intent from Liverpool. Caicedo is class, and a massive upgrade to their midifeld and should he carry his form over, they are our biggest rivals

However, there is no way anyone can convince me this is anything but a panic signing

They pulled out of Bellingham who was a similar fee and clearly their #1 target and the bigger prospect

Also, this is a huge risk still, he's only had 1 full lesson at the top level and he's now a record British transfer..... some pressure on the kid
I don't think it's a panic but. He's probably their best backup option to Bellingham. They weren't getting Belly anyway.

annoyingly this is true, they target guys in their early-mids 20's

Mac Allister (24), Szoboszlai (22), Caicedo (21) + Thaigo (31), Jones (22), Elliot (20), Bajcetic (18)

Salah (31), Gakpo (24), Diaz (26) + Jota (26), Nunez (24)

They have a midfield and front line that can last them the best part of a decade (Salah the outlier and Thiago is in his way out)

The next rebuild will be at the back, Joe Gomez and Matip are not good enough replacements for Konate-VVD

Boehly must be furious. :)

he wakes up soon and will be ready to spend this 100m on someone else like offer brutal salary as revenge to Salah

I'd spend 110 on caicedo before spending 105 on rice to be honest. He's
top class.

Completely shuts down their claims about "pulling out" of the Bellingham deal because of money at least. We all know the truth, they got shunned, he wasn't interested in them and they simply produced a cover up story.

annoyingly this is true, they target guys in their early-mids 20's

Mac Allister (24), Szoboszlai (22), Caicedo (21) + Thaigo (31), Jones (22), Elliot (20), Bajcetic (18)

Salah (31), Gakpo (24), Diaz (26) + Jota (26), Nunez (24)

They have a midfield and front line that can last them the best part of a decade (Salah the outlier and Thiago is in his way out)

The next rebuild will be at the back, Joe Gomez and Matip are not good enough replacements for Konate-VVD

Yeah, they've now changed the full make up of the squad and given themselves a really young, strong core again. Unfortunately might reinvigorate Klopp as well, I was hoping another off season and he'd be on his way out.

Agree about the defence. Thankfully they didn't get Colwill this window as well, and you've taken probably the best option on the market away from them in Gvardiol.

Anyway, exciting season ahead, looking forward to it.

I'd spend 110 on caicedo before spending 105 on rice to be honest. He's
top class.

Completely shuts down their claims about "pulling out" of the Bellingham deal because of money at least. We all know the truth, they got shunned, he wasn't interested in them and they simply produced a cover up story.

I can see in a way why we prioritised Rice. We lack leaders, characters, a dressing room presence etc and Rice gives you that over Caceido. However, just looking at actually playing, on the pitch, Caceido has a higher ceiling I'd agree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.