Monaco (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'd pick this team too, although I'm not confident with clichy playing" @IWasHere

Neither am I really, but who else is there? Ferny showed that he was deeply uncomfortable and basically out of position there in the last game.
But here's a joker-in-the-pack idea – Vinny back for this one, paired with Stones? Think there's about a 1% chance of it, but with Pep, you never know. Vinny would not be overawed by the occasion, not a bit. Whether he would up to speed would be an entirely different matter. I just love his qualities of leadership, and the visibly calming influence he has on the whole team. There's simply no-one else who does that. Anyway, almost certainly won't happen.

Agree. To be fair, Vinny's been fitted for 2-3 weeks so maybe pep was resting him for tomorrow night?

Agree. To be fair, Vinny's been fitted for 2-3 weeks so maybe pep was resting him for tomorrow night?

Wouldnt he have been on the bench and had a a couple of 20 min outings if Pep was thinking of playing him?

Before I make my arrangements to go to the pub for this I don't suppose if anyone knows if by any chance it will be on the free bt channel?

You would certainly assume so. But Pep likes to keep everyone on the hop. How often has he surprised us (and the opposition) with his selections this season? Pep does basically does what he likes…

In fairness I don't recall him playing any games when he returned against palace in the face cup

Yaya Touré on City's trip to Monaco: "From my point of view, and maybe the manager’s too, the best way to defend is to attack."

Yaya: "You saw Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain... I don’t need to say any more. It was 4-0 and then it’s 6-1."

Yaya: "Our two goals are nothing for a team like Monaco, who are winning all their league games 4 or 5-0."

Agree with yaya, that much is obvious. We can't afford to sit back. Pep's away game tactics vs the big boys in the last couple years in the CL late stages has backfired afew times so I'm sure he has learnt from the experience. We have to be positive at the same time not naive lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.