Monaco (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Pep drops KDB. As much as he appears to be awesome at times I think his recent continual mistakes, poor passes/shots and bad decision making shows he needs a break and I would use his absence to add another holding midfielder.

I want Keven to be wonderful as he has been in the past but on recent performances he needs to be benched.

Fingers crossed and lets hope Cheltenham racing folk have a soft spot for City as I will be loud and proud in a pub there!

Personally I prefer playing with Fernandinho in middle, Clichy has more ability at left back position, no matter he feet on 100 percent or less.

Dinho was shit at left back in the first leg, I'll be surprised if he plays there tomorrow night
Whether this is true or not had little to do with the position and more to do with Dihno having an off day. Something he has done at fullback and at DM. But by and large he is often consistently good. The LB position would require the player to flank Yaya to his left and help contribute to possesion passing and movement on the left with Yaya/Silva/Sane. Then said player defensively would be taxed with containing B. Silva who kinda plays left but drifts inside Just like ours Silva used to under Mancini.

Dihno is infinitely more qualified to succeed at both key requirements of that job a job than Clichy. And also has a history of showing more consistently good performances than Clichy.

"I'd pick this team too, although I'm not confident with clichy playing" @IWasHere

Neither am I really, but who else is there? Ferny showed that he was deeply uncomfortable and basically out of position there in the last game.
But here's a joker-in-the-pack idea – Vinny back for this one, paired with Stones? Think there's about a 1% chance of it, but with Pep, you never know. Vinny would not be overawed by the occasion, not a bit. Whether he would up to speed would be an entirely different matter. I just love his qualities of leadership, and the visibly calming influence he has on the whole team. There's simply no-one else who does that. Anyway, almost certainly won't happen.
It won't happen because it shouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.