Monaco - Post Match thread.

Have a strong feeling VK will call it a day at the end of the season and take on a coaching role at the club.

We will have to cut our losses on the other two as its obvious they have no future at the club beyond this season.

I'm sure there are still clubs in Spain who would take both of them off our hands at a vastly reduced cost.

Craig Burley is a t**t of the highest order

I know Pep made some errors last night, but most of our problems came from players not turning up and doing the jobs they were supposed to do.

Don't think we can get anything like a direct replacement for Yaya so midfield may need to be reorganised. I will reiterate that we should keep Yaya and if we need to to make way, sell Dinho.

If you can't trust to play Yaya in your biggest game of the season so far, it's not worth keeping a bit-part player on £200k a week.

The sad reality is, we are likely saying goodbye to our greatest group of players in our history.

Still think pep started team in wrong shape. He sorted it out second half. Not playing yaya gave us nobody to create from defence through midfield and keep possession. He put kev in the yaya role second half which enables us to build up and keep possession and give fernandinho a hand in front of defence. It was not totally wrong team he picked just wrong formation and lack of intensity all round. IMO.

Don't think we can get anything like a direct replacement for Yaya so midfield may need to be reorganised. I will reiterate that we should keep Yaya and if we need to to make way, sell Dinho.

Tony Kroos as a replacement for Yaya, and as much as i can't stand the **** i'd try and get Muller as a replacement for Sergio if he was to leave. He's unhappy as not getting as much playing time, can play anywhere in midfield or up top and has got the mentality to drag us forward when things aren't going well.

If you can't trust to play Yaya in your biggest game of the season so far, it's not worth keeping a bit-part player on £200k a week.

The sad reality is, we are likely saying goodbye to our greatest group of players in our history.

Your right of course but its telling that its the old guard that seem to be the only ones with any bollocks at the club.Its as much a mentality issue as it is quality on the pitch and has been for 3 seasons.

Will throwing another £200m at it solve the problem, will we sign quality defenders and a top drawer goal keeper ?

Is Txiki capable?

Agree with pretty much everyone else's assessment, shocking first half, can't defend, KDB awful, missed Yaya, Monaco deserved it overall.

However I just want to say the amount of chances we miss v how many goals we concede is just mental, and has been for years now. We seem to have to create four or five clear-cut chances, not even half chances, to score a goal, yet regularly concede from the oppositions first shot at goal, either in the match or the half. It's been this way for years. I keep telling people "when it clicks" we will score 10, but it rarely (if ever) seems to "click." Even in comfortable wins we have three or four "how the f*ck did he miss that?" moments.

Yes we are wide open at times this season and we need to be better defensively, but I honestly think we would be battling for top and in the CL QF if we could put away our chances. Suppose the positive is how many chances we create, but we give teams confidence not putting these chances away.

Also I think Yaya been playing well and putting "more" effort in games because he probably thought we had a chance to win the champs league and he wanted to be part of it, be interesting how he performs from here on to end of the season especially with Pep not playing him last night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.