Monaco - Post Match thread.

Here's my own expected out list for the summer.

Aguero, Kompany, Sagna, Clichy, Navas, Zabba, Toure, Nolito, Nasri, Hart, Bony, Otamendi, Bravo, Fernando and Mangala.

It's a huge saving in wages but we need at least eight top-class replacements for that lot.

Get about 10m for all them who contract dont run out this summer

Certainly the likes of Bravo, Nolito and Kompany will be impossible to sell. Too high wages, getting on, performed fairly poorly and in Kompany's case constant injuries.

Without turning this into the transfer thread - How are we going to replace that lot? We are very short as it is an unless the loan players come back and get a look in, this time next season we will still be saying we are 5 players short

We do have some youngsters who might be ready to supplement?

More quality than quantity is what's now needed.

New first-choice keeper.

Two new full-backs.

Two central defenders (one who can cover the left hand side.)

One central midfielder to replace Yaya.

One attacker/wide man to replace Nolito/Navas/Aguero.

Mbappe would be my preference for the last requirement.

I think we might get a little more than that for Sergio!!

I'd wager no more than £100m for the players still contracted.

Regardless, it's the removal of wages that creates the ability for us to spend bigger than normal.

Gotta be £2m a week with that lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There has to be around £150m transfer money & £1.5m weekly in wages. At least 5 free to go 1 knackered & the rest at knock down prices.

* players I would think we could be in for would be Ederson, Mendy, Fabinio, Laporte, Isco, Bellotti, Chamberlain, promote Sancho, Diaz, Roberts.

Here's my own expected out list for the summer.

Aguero, Kompany, Sagna, Clichy, Navas, Zabba, Toure, Nolito, Nasri, Hart, Bony, Otamendi, Bravo, Fernando and Mangala.

It's a huge saving in wages but we need at least eight top-class replacements for that lot.

I think that's about right but would add Denayer and Roberts to that list if an offer comes in as loaning them out for another season is pointless.

It will be interesting when we see a loaned player actually make an impression in the side once loaned.

The BIG issue at City in the wake of this season for me is the higher up management/recruitment.

- We knew Pep was coming, why weren't his targets bought ready for his arrival?
- Why were big money, big wages signings made in the run up to his arrival (eg Bony), who are not 'Pep players'?

Certainly the likes of Bravo, Nolito and Kompany will be impossible to sell. Too high wages, getting on, performed fairly poorly and in Kompany's case constant injuries.

Have a strong feeling VK will call it a day at the end of the season and take on a coaching role at the club.

We will have to cut our losses on the other two as its obvious they have no future at the club beyond this season.

We do have some youngsters who might be ready to supplement?

More quality than quantity is what's now needed.

New first-choice keeper.

Two new full-backs.

Two central defenders (one who can cover the left hand side.)

One central midfielder to replace Yaya.

One attacker/wide man to replace Nolito/Navas/Aguero.

Mbappe would be my preference for the last requirement.

Don't think we can get anything like a direct replacement for Yaya so midfield may need to be reorganised. I will reiterate that we should keep Yaya and if we need to to make way, sell Dinho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.