Monaco - Post Match thread.

We very rarely seem to block crosses. Noticed that with Stones in the build up to their first goal; didnt really even attempt a block

We couldn't block the free kick ;)

I agree but at least we should be able to defend them better. We lack defenders who have an actual defenders instinct for danger.

Our FBs are so bad. It is dragging this team down. Undoubtedly, almost everyone will disagree but I would take any other PL teams set of FBs ahead of ours.

Even at 88 minutes we were still passing it sideways,backwards in this metrome shit Pep insists on.
Pep is not a genius, he inherited the best squad in football and shone in 2 team leagues. Even then I expected more of him than Pelligrini delivered. Standing on the touch line waving his arms and pointing this way and that in between clutching is head is more Stuart Pearce than genius.

Not a good performance at all today.

1st half - you have to expect them to fly out of the traps, it was far to slow, no one could be arsed trying to get near the ball and we paid for it.

2nd half much better and shit marking from a cross cost us.

The whole team didnt play well as a collective i would probably say with the exception of John Stones who looked not bad tonight,
to name a few that stood out tonight as being utter garbage all game -Sterling (who has been so good all season) - both full backs ( how hard can it be to put a cross in which isnt over hit or past the first man) - KDB was poor for his standards.

How do we solve this? buy half of the monaco team namely Mendy and Fabinho and Lemar

Oh so we're only playing in the champions league now.
Given the post was about the Champions League alone and our play in it, I addressed it alone.

Perhaps you should read before you post.

Sadly some players, not for the first time, have been found wanting and in patches it was not too disimilar to Madrid last year. The failure to retain the ball and make the correct decisions in that first half was shocking.

Still we know were not there yet and certain players failings get magnified in games like this. Our Achilles heel this year has been in both boxes and the fact some players are scared to take responsibility.
I completely agree, the players crumbled under the lights if you ask me. People hate the idea of Messi for 100 million but we need a player to drag this team by the balls over the line

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.