Monaco - Post Match thread.

Everyone's blaming the manager but I'll blame the twats who can't finish chances. We should of attacked from the off tonight, they're as bad as us at the back. I don't even know what we tried to do in the first half. It wasn't defending or attacking, it was our players performing shit.

Well done Monaco the best team won unfortunately. 1st half they had a higher intensity then sat back a bit in the 2nd half giving us the change to do more with more possession.

If anyone didnt know before tonight hopefully they do now we need two fullback and a top class C/B. We`ve also sold all our warriors and not replaced them.

Oh and Manel Neuer would be nice.

still set up the goal tonight and hes got one of the highest assists stats in the league. hes more then good enough for where we want to be. he just needs to add consistency.
I understand that, I love him he's probably my favourite city player to be honest. He's an amazing talent that's for sure, he just seems to screw up really easy stuff quite regularly which has you pulling your hair out!

The whole lot of them, from Pep down, were a fucking mess 1st half & because of it, we have lost to a side we could have beaten comfortably.

Monaco are fucking good, but they are shite at defending & when we pass the ball, they can't stop us. That's our advantage. So what do we do ? Pass it like wankers. Advantage Monaco.

Second half, all over them. But as is now common in big games, Aguero misses the opportunities to kill the game & the defence falls asleep & concedes yet another run of the mill goal.

This is now the routine & I don't think it will change until the players do.

Add to that we decided to bench our best passer in the team

Clinical we certainly are not. Mightily pissed off right now. Dino, KDB particularly poor. Usually showing from Sterling. Bottled his chance and was desperate to not pull the trigger and square it to somebody. Anybody.... :-(

I think you missed us almost playing a back 3 in the second half, with clichy given license to bomb on. The first half saw a back line that invited the opposition on, we needed a pivot who could retain the ball, the answer to that was playing KDB deeper in the second half.... pep fucked up massively over leaving yaya out..

You can't have a central pair of stones and AK if they are boxed in due to nobody being in the hole...

Regardless though, big so called players went walkabout.... again

Clichy given licence to bomb on. Jesus wept. What good would that ever come to.

All the blame has to go down to Pep tonight. He was naive and frankly, arrogant, to go there and attack.

with a 2 goal lead in a away game, you dont play 5 attacking players and leave the back exposed. Should have had another player like Yaya or Fernando in the middle with Ferny to whether the storm at least for the 1st half

There was oceans of space between Ferny and Kev and Silva that killed us, not on the flanks. Kev and Dave weren't tracking midfielders in the 1st half.
Captain hindsight strikes again

I guess you were criticising PSG for parking the bus last week

If you want to watch a team park the bus then i suggest you watch those ****s from Trafford park

It's amazing that our transfer policy is such that we still managed to play a CL game with 6 players over 30 despite Pep being put target for 3 years before he came. Terrible planning
Exactly. When Txiki and Soriano were first appointed, I thought City would get really shrewd operators here, especially in the transfer market. But looks like they have just picked names out of a hat.

Awful that, 20 mins in the second half won't make me think anything otherwise. Too many players who hide in these kind of games. Whatever going on with KDB needs sorting and fast, he's not even half the player he was.

yup agree

Im concerned that if Kompanyis fit he aint getting a look in.....something isn't right as it absolutely cannot be based on ability.......Kompany even play at 50% of his ability is streets ahead in all aspects of the game both defensive and offensive than Kolarov and stones (and Ottomendi ).....if its cause Pep won't risk him breaking down in a big game then fair enough.....btu he has said he is 100% fit so unless he is being liberal with the truth then I don't know why he aint playing.......we have no leadership on th pitch esp at the back

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.