Monaco - Post Match thread.

This wasn't just the managers fault, the first half was absolutely shocking. At least 8 players looked frightened to death just panicking and giving the ball away to easily.

I think KDB should have been dropped for this game and the extra midfielder in Yaya played, just my opinion.

I don't think we can really judge Pep until he has signed fullbacks as each and every one we have now is woeful, Zaba still a legend though

If we were that wide open they'd have scored more. Your argument is that Yaya should have played, fair enough, but Dinho is quite capable of doing the job just as well but was completely off kilter. Ditto KDB, ditto Silva, ditto Sterling and our defence are shocking regardless.

Four or five players underperformed, who the fuck do you take them off for? Delph?

Yeah, you're right, after all the shit you gave him about not playing Silva and Sterling, but playing Yaya instead, against Stoke, that he'd come out and do the same thing again the next week is shocking. The arrogance of the man.
Don't confuse the prem with champion league. Totally irrelevant .
Being 2 goals up we had something to protect and protect we should have done..
We didn't need Silva and kev we needed Yaya and nando. If then we happen to need a goal you bring on a fresh kev and David. It's basically football tactics. Our manager got it more wrong last night than could have been deemed possible.

Funny that picking up your stoke point he got that the wrong way round too.

Very odd.

Yaya and Zabba of 3 years ago

Yaya and Zabba would not have been able to live with the pace of Monaco. You must know that. Granted Yaya would probably have used the ball better than KDB and Silva in the 1st half, but we had no way of knowing that KDB and SIlva would play so poorly in the 1st half. We couldn't pass the ball. That's rare. Unfortunately Zab and Toure no longer have the legs for these games which are much much more intense that the usual games we play
I hear you Marvin. But first half we were desperate for some physicality in midfield. The Monaco players would have bounced off him rather than going through him like they were our 3 all half. We needed him to get our attacks going. YaYa is our only player who can do that i think.

A lot of over reaction on here. We've played fantastically the last 10 games barring Stoke and last night.

I do think that Clichy and Sagna will definitely be off in the summer with a new left back, right back and centre back coming in. We aren't that far off, we've just been undone all season by incompetent defending.
Aguero needs 4 chances to score, and yes we can't defend. We've a new striker, and I believe that's sorted, but defeneively we have to add a defensive midfielder a central defender and 2 full backs and maybe a keeper too. That's a big job

Woke up really depressed this morning. This is THE competition we are supposed to be prioritising above all others and then we put in a performance like that. I am too depressed to be angry. I honestly can't remember being this flat for years. At least under Pearce and before, we knew we were shit so it kind of didn't matter.

But now with the entire set up we have, to throw a 2-0 lead in the one competition we have been working for, for years, with a performance like that. Dear God.

Perhaps for me the most depressing thing is how utterly useless our manager was. Tactical genius my arse.

I can barely be bothered to watch us against Liverpool, but I suppose I will.

Haha

You mard arse!

Don't confuse the prem with champion league. Totally irrelevant .
Being 2 goals up we had something to protect and protect we should have done..
We didn't need Silva and kev we needed Yaya and nando. If then we happen to need a goal you bring on a fresh kev and David. It's basically football tactics. Our manager got it more wrong last night than could have been deemed possible.

Funny that picking up your stoke point he got that the wrong way round too.

Very odd.

am with you Bill.

Lot of people talking about buying defensive reinforcements but even with Bonucci and Bellerin et al we will struggle against top sides if we set up with only one midfielder supplemented by two wingers, two powder puff attacking midfielders and a striker who doesn't put himself about much.

For me the back four was as good as we could do on the night and that given we all know their limitations a bit of protection was in order, especially given that if we had restricted Monaco to less than 2 goals we were through.

Dinho, Yaya, Nando
Silva, Kun and Leroy

For me that allows Silva more freedom and Yaya offers more control.

May well have got the job done, we will never know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.