Monaco - Post Match thread.

Why was there only 3 minutes of added time anyway? And he blew the whistle early!

Anyway, its hard to get too wound up over that result personally. We deserved to lose, the players seemed to not give a fuck half the time, the manager made no changes when were needed and we have a load of players that are shite. When you put all that together why should i ruin my day being pissed off about it? Fuck it.

What was your take on the first half performance? For me a combination of collective mentality and poor individual performance. How we can field a team like that and not mount one attack is well beyond me. the second half proved that the team on the pitch was more than good enough to get something from the game. Monaco were good in the first half but we sure made them look better than they were.

First half was a shambles, so many key players completely off the boil, and we were lucky to be only 2-0 down at half time.

I agree with your sentiment about making them look better than what they were, certainly with the number of misplaced passes, KDB and Silva two prime suspects here, and the lack of energy in trying to retrieve possession (as we saw in the second half) it made Monaco look dominant.

We had enough chances to put the game away in the second half and didn't, as we've struggled to do all season. My mind tells me "we lack a clinical striker", but my heart tells me "we have Kun Aguero". I don't really know what Pep will do there, but at least the defensive problems will be tackled this coming Summer for sure.

Oh I agree. It's still two windows and we did buy someone in January. Funnily enough a quality young player.

Bought him in summer but he joined us in Jan. If you're going to criticise get your facts right

Regardless of management or player performance, City have deep team structural and recruitment problems behind the scenes. Indeed, quite how our full backs haven't been upgraded over the last 3 seasons is simply beyond me.

Bizzare from pep, leaving a baseball field between our defence and our keeper was bizzare, a clear white spot on the field to aim for and the inevatible ensued,
Fair dos playing kdb deeper pushed us forward but by then we were chasing a game we had won, very very dissapointed we couldn't do the simple things right, finishing is still a major issue as is the stupid away goals rule

No need for over analysis however likely it is to do it after a game like that.

Simply if yaya starts or kdb drops deeper from the beginning like he has when we've steamrollered teams, their first goal never happens and the Grand Canyon between dinho and the front 5 disappears.

I don't blame the team so much because ultimately Pep shouldn't have tinkered especially when it's been clear as day that dinho has been off form with his passing for weeks.
The reason we were better in the 2nd half was because Monaco could not keep that up. And we knew we had to attack. Toure cold not play in a game like that. He's not good enough defensively.

Silva, KDB wilted under the pressure in the 1st half and continually gave the ball away. I am sure Toure would have used the ball better, but he would not have been able to track the Monaco runners. Liverpool will target him

-If I was Touré I'd be fuming. Most consistent player since November and dropped on the biggest game of the season. The decision to play Fernandinho instead of him regardless of form cost us the UCL.
-Pep's substitutions were awful and have been in almost every game we haven't win this year.
-Stones and Sané the only ones to come out of that with any pride.
-Aguero in big games is more often than not useless.
-De Bruyne needs dropping, he needs to get his head straight. He's been embarrassing himself for weeks now.
-We'd better win the FA Cup.

Ring out the old ring in the new over the summer and then take stock.

As some have said with the way we defend and the qualities our defenders have we are always going to be cannon fodder on occasions depending on the opposition and often enough to struggle to challenge seriously in Europe and domestically with an ageing back four and defensive midfield having won two titles previously and sub standard keepers.

Lack of motivation on the big occasion again is of some concern to me but its something that can be addressed and new blood like GJ can help erase with in time.

Poor finishing doesn't help either.

New younger hungry blood over the summer in midfield combined with better choices in the back half and next season could be our best yet.

A lot of over reaction on here. We've played fantastically the last 10 games barring Stoke and last night.

I do think that Clichy and Sagna will definitely be off in the summer with a new left back, right back and centre back coming in. We aren't that far off, we've just been undone all season by incompetent defending.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.