Monaco - Post Match thread.

We should have played a 5-3-1-1.

Sagna stones fernando kolorov cliche
yaya ferna delph
silva
kun

CANT LET THE SCORE 2 GOALS!!!!

Played poorly in the first half of both matches, but especially last night.

Realistically we knew we weren't good enough to win it but it's crazy that Leicester have got further than us.
Why? They are champions of England and play with energy and enthusiasm unlike us we are soft as shite and lie down for the opposition in difficult games.

My take on tonight...KDB was playing too deep, however (that aside) he does have a common tendency to play the short pass too short, and when he plays too deep that turnover in possession can be a killer. Don't get me wrong, he can often be a game changer and I wouldn't be without him - but he needs to include 'completed' passes into his game.

We got bullied a bit today - we rely heavily on skillful short passes, but today against Monaco we needed to be quick and incisive. For all our possession, their keeper could have sat on a deckchair between the sticks in the first half. I remember at one time we'd completed 100 more passes than them yet we hadn't had one shot at their keeper. That's simply not good enough at this level.

I feel that if we'd have won this match we'd have got out of jail, but there's a good chance we wouldn't have progressed any further unless our key players stepped up to the mark. We were too slow on the ball and didn't retain it when we had it - I lost count of the times we hit it either out of play or yards too far in front of our striker/s.

We can only blame ourselves (i.e. the players) for tonight. The result wasn't down to the ref, the pitch, the colour of the ball or shirts - our players simply didn't seem to want it enough tonight.

Logged onto the OS Match Day coverage, checked the line-ups and was gutted to see that both Zabba and Yaya were on the bench. A warrior and a maestro left out - daft omissions by Pep in my mind. And why the hell he didn't add to the defensive midfield after Sane's goal beggars belief.

Silva poor again when it comes down to it ( big game ) , DeBruyne was garbage , always end on a positive note Leroy in 2 years will be unplayable

Depressing. No idea what actually happened to us despite all the talk from Pep about how we were going to play. Yet again we concede goals via our comical ageing defence and can't actually score the gilt edged chances that are gifted to us. This is why we will never compete in Europe effectively or even a remote chance of winning it. You don't see Bayern or Barca gifting teams goals like we did last night. We are the laughing stock of the League now. Leicester the only British team left. We had a good opportunity to push forward in this competition but bottled it. No doubt Pep will have some serious questions asked by the grown ups in the club with respect as to what went wrong. Not sure if the owners will keep putting up with the inconsistency in our game. I really want him to make a difference here but it seems as though he's struggling. Maybe he has a big plan for a cull in the summer transfer window because we are just not able to compete in defence. I don't have the answers, but the man who is being paid millions and in charge certainly should.
Victimpool on Sunday. We can standby to get raped by Mane and ****inio. We just don't have a defence that can stand up and be counted.
Rant over!

Last edited:
Flat track bullies. When the going gets tough we are shit. I already know the script for Sunday - they harass us and we shot the bed.

Prove me wrong...... Please!

First half did for us, too weak when defending the advantage, KDB off the boil again. Yaya should have started.

For me we threw it away with our first half tactics and the we are new in this comp doesn't wash anymore.

Dissapointing but second half restored some pride.

only plus point we will have a have weeks rest before the fa cup semi now.
Or th space for a nice juicy hard fought game against ManUre!!! Don't forget, it has to be as hard as possible for City to do well!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.