Monaco - Post Match thread.

Shocking first half cost us. Knew we were going to concede from that fucking free kick as well. At least we can focus on top 4 and the FA Cup now.

There's been a big improvement this season from sterling, but that time he tried to pass to aguero without having a go himself happens far too often with him, and his lack of awareness and effort for the second goal was shocking!!

They tried and were unlucky. You can earn your own luck, few players have to take a long hard look at their own performance and ask themselves was it good enough?

Sergio n Silva put in the best efforts but were in vein with what looked like a moody bunch. KDB had a mare.

Regardless, better team won.

Don't confuse the prem with champion league. Totally irrelevant .
Being 2 goals up we had something to protect and protect we should have done..
We didn't need Silva and kev we needed Yaya and nando. If then we happen to need a goal you bring on a fresh kev and David. It's basically football tactics. Our manager got it more wrong last night than could have been deemed possible.

Funny that picking up your stoke point he got that the wrong way round too.

Very odd.
Although we shouldve never given up a 2 goal lead, i do disagree with this. How do you expect a team like ours, which can't defend, to sit back and defend in a way we never do. The result would be just as bad if not worse.

You can see individual players improving under Pep

Not sure that is true. Four players for me that are playing better than last year. Silva, Sterling, Yaya and Kolarov. The rest are either worse or standing still,

You can see individual players improving under Pep, but this is a horribly lop-sided squad that has too much deadweight at the back and isn't sharp enough up front. It is what it is, but Aguero missing sitters is pretty unfathomable and ultimately is the reason we won't be achieving what we could this season.

">
It was done in the summer. It may have been announced in an official statement in January, but things were settled long before that.

I don't see how you feel it would have been possible to "protect" a two goal lead against the highest scoring team in the sport, over 90 minutes, with the back five we have. Further, Pep said all along we would be going out to score, he made no secret of it and he was right. We needed to score, but we didn't.

And have our possession game completely undone? It's not Pep's fault Silva and Kev had shockers.

Further, Nando is actually not a CL quality player and bringing him up is, frankly, bizarre.

This isn't FIFA, you honestly think sitting back and letting Monaco play their game when we have one of the worst defences in Europe wouldn't backfire spectacularly? The only reason we kept the score at 2-0 in the first half was we had much more possession, which is down to Silva and KDB despite how poor they looked.

You're just looking for an excuse, it's the same shit just a whole new week.

Aguero converts even one of his chances and you wouldn't be flapping here, you'd be waiting for the next chance to present itself to have a go at Pep.

Let's clear something up. I am a blue. You are not. I have a right to question our manager and players.
You don't have that luxury.
I speak as I find. If and when pep does well I'll say so.
I spend a lot of time ,money and recently effort to watch city and I'll say what the fuck is like.
You get no say you are a plastic tourist who is a Pep fan boy.
When he goes you'll be nowhere near this place.

Although we shouldve never given up a 2 goal lead, i do disagree with this. How do you expect a team like ours, which can't defend, to sit back and defend in a way we never do. The result would be just as bad if not worse.

Well if our defence is so shit why leave them out to dry by playing only 1 defender in front of them? Give them some help by playing another defensive midfielder, given we have a two goal lead and are away from home?

btw you cant blame yesterday on kolorov stones or willy the three of them played ok IMO.

it was suicidal tactics. we were getting shoved off the ball in the first half and needed yaya to provide some solidity.

Disappointed and yes it would have been great to have progressed. However (tin hat time) given that I boo the tune, think the whole thing is corrupt, manipulated, bent etc, tickets are overpriced, travelling is expensive, I am not that fussed we are out. We can now concentrate on the semi final with more time to prepare and finishing second (I don't think we will catch Chelsea).

Let's clear something up. I am a blue. You are not. I have a right to question our manager and players.

Is this kind of bullshit acceptable here? @Ric perhaps you can clarify?

I speak as I find. If and when pep does well I'll say so.

Oh really? Couldn't help but notice the only post-match threads you've been involved in are those from games we've drawn or lost. Absent from Everton right through to Stoke. How unusual.

Nothing when we beat Barcelona or came back to beat Arsenal. Forget the old login details those days?

I spend a lot of time ,money and recently effort to watch city and I'll say what the fuck is like.
You get no say you are a plastic tourist who is a Pep fan boy.
When he goes you'll be nowhere near this place.

Look, I know you're being a wum here, but I'm as much a Blue as you are. I was here before Pep and I'll be around after too. My wife got her first season ticket, long before we met, when we were in Division Two.

All that's irrelevant though and doesn't detract from the discussion here, as much as you'd like it to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.