Monaco post match

What i find amazing is the difference an injection of pace/urgency into the game makes for city.

One thing I hope we take from this tactics wise is that we are not a set up shop outfit, stop playing slowly out of the back and play more direct balls into the channels, I'm worried during the second leg though that sterling is suspended and Navas will most likely be there, Sterlimgs pace and running at defenders will be sorely missed
Share your concern but one of the best games I ever saw Navas have for us was in this competition, away at Seville. Hopefully he can repeat it.

We wanted it more than them. Great to be able to say that. Aguero fantastic, Sane is unplayable at times. Sterling fought so hard for it too, kdb is pure class.

Defense, we're bad but so are they! Interesting second leg coming up.

Ref obviously on the marching powder though. Handing out cards for breathing, neither team were dirty or even particlulaly clumsy yet a substantial amount of cards. Pleased to say the right result despite some major bollocks dropped by both us and the officials.

One thing I hope we take from this tactics wise is that we are not a set up shop outfit, stop playing slowly out of the back and play more direct balls into the channels, I'm worried during the second leg though that sterling is suspended and Navas will most likely be there, Sterlimgs pace and running at defenders will be sorely missed
Sterling wasn't booked. Have a look at UEFA.com. 4 cards for Serg, Nico, Fern & Zab.

He's not suspended. Card was given someone else apparently.

Said it in the matchday thread, but we just watched Sergio get his groove back. From something as innocuous as him chasing all the way back to our penalty area to win back a ball he lost near the start of the second half, he kicked on and on and on, and had the best 45 mins weve had out of him in a while. Brilliant to see.

Heart attack. Otamendi and Stones both are shit. Can't really blame Willy because that's obviously the manager telling him to play that way and the mistake was made, more than made up for it later on.

Monaco looked absolutely lethal in attack, their defending was just shitter than ours lol. Really love Sterling and Sane, both are just amazing and I hope we get to see them together for the next 10 or so years :) Kun tried his heart out, scored an amazing volley and a job well done for him today. At times it breaks down a lot with him but I guess when he's scoring it doesn't matter!

If we get through we'll need a decent draw because I don't see us getting past Bayern or Barca with defending like that.

At his most effective against sides like Monaco who play a high line and have what can only be described as defenders who don't know the first thing about defending.

Much like us so at least we know their will be more to come in the second leg.

Hopefully we will tighten up in the second leg and again get them on the break.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.