More Telegraph propaganda

Pigeonho said:
You misunderstand the Ferguson thing I think. I am not saying they are the same, I am saying he., (ferguson), was in a similar position, people calling for his head etc, 'one game to save his career', but look what patience did for him. Ok, he was successful in Scotland, but Hughes hasn't had the chancee to be succesful yet, however I see what he did at Blackburn as the perfect way to make his mark as a manager, even if no trophies were won. If we have got to the stage where managers should only be appointed based on their track record of winning trophies at other clubs, how on earth will new managers get the chance to come to the front?!!! People have to be given a chance to make their track record, surely?

Southgate was also in a similar position with people calling for his head. He was kept on and Boro sunk. The simple fact is that patience and patience alone guarantees nothing.

As for what Hughes did for Blackburn, slightly better than what Souness did for Blackburn, I thnk I worked it out once, average of 4 additional points a season.

I'm also not saying he should be sacked because he hasn't got a trophy laden history as a manager. He will live or die based on our performances and our results. Not Fergusons, or Southgates but our performances and results. He also won't be judged on three months with "his team". He will be judged on the time he has been employed at the club (last season we had Given, Zabaleta, Bridge, SWP, Kompany, De Jong, Robinho, Bellamy - all his signings).

Maybe the richest club in the world doesn't need to be the club that takes a punt on untried managers. We certainly aren't on players.

What's wrong with Wigan, Burnley etc. They can appoint people they think might cut it.

But we don't need to and frankly as I mentioned before it's a huge risk.

Who would bet against Mourinho having this lot in the top four come the end of the season if he took over now? Not many. That is waht I am talking about. The difference between Probability and Possibility.

Pigeonho said:

You misunderstand the Ferguson thing I think. I am not saying they are the same, I am saying he., (ferguson), was in a similar position, people calling for his head etc, 'one game to save his career', but look what patience did for him. Ok, he was successful in Scotland, but Hughes hasn't had the chancee to be succesful yet, however I see what he did at Blackburn as the perfect way to make his mark as a manager, even if no trophies were won. If we have got to the stage where managers should only be appointed based on their track record of winning trophies at other clubs, how on earth will new managers get the chance to come to the front?!!! People have to be given a chance to make their track record, surely?

So we are a charity case now for managers who need a chance??
Get real mate

moomba said:
That first paragraph made me spit my coffee.

Thought I'd clicked on a Mills & Boon link by mistake.

Exactly. Mr Winter it seems came not to praise Hughes but shag him.

And you note that we need yet more players. Toure not good enough apparently. Conduct 'due diligence' on future players. Its unreal I mean does anyone ever think to ask Hughes if his summer signings aren't cutting it why didn't he do 'due diligence' in the first place and what f**king guarantees do we have that he'll get it right in the next wave of £200m spending?

'an enduring athletic bearing, is complemented by a healthy sense of humour, and a total inability to manage a football team' is what he should have bloody said.

moomba said:
Pigeonho said:

Southgate was also in a similar position with people calling for his head. He was kept on and Boro sunk. The simple fact is that patience and patience alone guarantees nothing.

As for what Hughes did for Blackburn, slightly better than what Souness did for Blackburn, I thnk I worked it out once, average of 4 additional points a season.

I'm also not saying he should be sacked because he hasn't got a trophy laden history as a manager. He will live or die based on our performances and our results. Not Fergusons, or Southgates but our performances and results. He also won't be judged on three months with "his team". He will be judged on the time he has been employed at the club (last season we had Given, Zabaleta, Bridge, SWP, Kompany, De Jong, Robinho, Bellamy - all his signings).

I can't accept any comparison with Southgate, with his signings, and Hughes and his signings. At any point towards December 2008, or this time last year in other woirds, were Boro 3 points off a champions league place and on the verge of a berth in the semi's of the carling cup? No. Did Southgate buy dross like Alvez? Yes. Has Hughes? No. Did Alvez and Southgate have more than a full season, or more than 3 months then, to get an understanding of what manager wanted from player? Yes. And as for the players thing, 5, (almost half), of our starting eleven are new faces and even though they were boght based on their knowledge of the premier league, only 2 of them had played in the same team before. TO expect half of a new 11 to be doing any better than they're doing is pretty unrealistic, however they hit the ground running at the start of the seaon, and are now experiencing a blip, but like I will say until it is no longer the case, that same 11 players are 3 points off a CL place, with a game in hand and in the quarters of a cup. I can't see where any complaints have the nereve to be born at present, not right now anyway until we start losing the games we've drawn, and that 'loss-1' on the table starts becoming 5, 6 or 7 losses.

Pigeonho said:
I can't accept any comparison with Southgate, with his signings, and Hughes and his signings. At any point towards December 2008, or this time last year in other woirds, were Boro 3 points off a champions league place and on the verge of a berth in the semi's of the carling cup? No. Did Southgate buy dross like Alvez? Yes. Has Hughes? No. Did Alvez and Southgate have more than a full season, or more than 3 months then, to get an understanding of what manager wanted from player? Yes. And as for the players thing, 5, (almost half), of our starting eleven are new faces and even though they were boght based on their knowledge of the premier league, only 2 of them had played in the same team before. TO expect half of a new 11 to be doing any better than they're doing is pretty unrealistic, however they hit the ground running at the start of the seaon, and are now experiencing a blip, but like I will say until it is no longer the case, that same 11 players are 3 points off a CL place, with a game in hand and in the quarters of a cup. I can't see where any complaints have the nereve to be born at present, not right now anyway until we start losing the games we've drawn, and that 'loss-1' on the table starts becoming 5, 6 or 7 losses.

You seem only to want to accept comparisons that suit your particular point of view.

For the record, I'm not saying Hughes is like Southgate any more than I'm saying he is like Ferguson.

What I am saying is that showing patience in a manager is not a guarantee of success.

I wish you'd stop going on about 1 loss, as well. The league isnt decided on the number of losses, European places aren't decided on the number of losses and 6 teams with more losses are currently doing better than we are.

As for expecting this team to do better I don't think it's unrealistic at all. It seems to me though that the "negatives" actually believe that we're capable of greater things than the "positives". Maybe we've got the terms mixed up.

Adam Donnelly said:
Pigeonho said:

So we are a charity case now for managers who need a chance??
Get real mate

Well who do you think deserves to be king of COMS then? What you're basically saying there is we should have nothing but the best manager in place. In my eyes, the way they are playing football, the best manager out there is Ancelotti. I would put my stupidly low government salary on a bet that if you offered Ancelotti a million a week to manage us, he would say 'no thanks', because we are not in a position to be commanding the best managers available yet. We are no better than those Wigan's, Blackburns etc which have beenmentioned, we are just a rich club who has done no more than those teams of late.

moomba said:
Pigeonho said:

You seem only to want to accept comparisons that suit your particular point of view.

For the record, I'm not saying Hughes is like Southgate any more than I'm saying he is like Ferguson.

What I am saying is that showing patience in a manager is not a guarantee of success.

I wish you'd stop going on about 1 loss, as well. The league isnt decided on the number of losses, European places aren't decided on the number of losses and 6 teams with more losses are currently doing better than we are.

As for expecting this team to do better I don't think it's unrealistic at all. It seems to me though that the "negatives" actually believe that we're capable of greater things than the "positives". Maybe we've got the terms mixed up.

Yes, i can see why you would say that about the positives/negatives thing, but my own point of view is that I like to be an optimist, a glass half full guy, and to me the league table quite clearly shows we are in 7th place, 3 points off 4th with a game in hand, with 1 loss. The pesamists will see all those drawn games and the fact we could quite soon be tenth. It all depends on how you want to see it I suppose, or if you're grateful for being in this very fortunate position, rather than be in say, Evertons position. I can't and won't apologise for being an optimistic kind of guy who sees where we are in a positive way.

We only have to see where Middlesbrough are in the league to see that it only works if you have the right man in charge.[/quote]

LOL - comparing our situation with Boro ??? get serious

M24 said:
LOL - comparing our situation with Boro ??? get serious

I thought it was a fairly obvious point that I was trying to make. Obviously not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.