Morrissey - The Falkland Islands belong to Argentina

Re: Re: Re: Morrissey - The Falkland Islands belong to Argentina

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
stony said:
johnmc said:
It was a question i didn't know the answer to and one in response to Argentina only wanting the mineral rights.

However if Argentinians discovered the isle of man first there would probably have been a war over it already the other way round.

But they didn't so bit of a non topic.

Falklands was when i was a nipper and nothing was taught about it when i was at school so i know little and was merely looking to learn a bit more.

Argentina didn't discover the Falklands first, and that is a fact. The only country with a genuine claim for sovereignty is the UK.

So how do you justify ''the Irish situation'' then? Blighty can't have it both ways...

I haven't attempted to justify "the Irish situation" I wasn't even aware that we were discussing it. I thought this was a thread about the Falklands.

The main reason the UK is in the shit now is because of the 'Empire'. Time to let go.
George Galloway is usually an absolute tool but his views on the Malvinas are spot on.

Why not go the whole hog and let the Orcadians and the Shetlanders have independence?

Cornwall has got a shout too.

Let's strip the modern borders back and have smaller kingdoms in the UK and slip slowly back to pre Roman society.

stony said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
stony said:
Argentina didn't discover the Falklands first, and that is a fact. The only country with a genuine claim for sovereignty is the UK.

So how do you justify ''the Irish situation'' then? Blighty can't have it both ways...

I haven't attempted to justify "the Irish situation" I wasn't even aware that we were discussing it. I thought this was a thread about the Falklands.

You say Britain has a genuine claim to sovereignty over the Falklands because Argentina didn't discover it (and presumably ''we'' did).
Others have suggested ''let the people of the Falklands decide.... and they want to remain British.''
So can I presume that you therefore feel that Northern Ireland should be given back to the Irish as they surely have a genuine claim to its sovereignty and the majority of Ireland would like to see it handed back?

dazdon said:
Why not go the whole hog and let the Orcadians and the Shetlanders have independence?

Cornwall has got a shout too.

Let's strip the modern borders back and have smaller kingdoms in the UK and slip slowly back to pre Roman society.
Why not?

We are not fit to police the rest of the world any more. Get used to it.

It's a lump of stone, mud and grass. Could be my back garden for all I'm concerned. Couldn't give a fuck who it or any other part of the world 'belongs' to England. It's all bollocks anyway

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
stony said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

You say Britain has a genuine claim to sovereignty over the Falklands because Argentina didn't discover it (and presumably ''we'' did).
Others have suggested ''let the people of the Falklands decide.... and they want to remain British.''
So can I presume that you therefore feel that Northern Ireland should be given back to the Irish as they surely have a genuine claim to its sovereignty and the majority of Ireland would like to see it handed back?

That's a lot of presuming and most of it well wide of the mark.

The first country to claim sovereignty was France. I said the UK had the most genuine claim, and if you look at the history of the Falklands, you will see why.

The Irish problem ? At this time of the day, after this many beers ? I don't think so. Another time and another thread. You can presume all you want, but I aint giving my opinion on that particular can of worms at the present time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.