Moss Side Shooting and Street Party

Ad hominem. A phrase used by lawyers and people who frequent too many chat rooms.

I know which of the two you are more likely to be.

needless. There's some interesting discussion on here and we don't need to go into personal digs on either side. We've got a good discussion here, let's try and keep it that way for once.

needless. There's some interesting discussion on here and we don't need to go into personal digs on either side. We've got a good discussion here, let's try and keep it that way for once.

I’m merely pointing out the rhetoric used of someone who has read more than he can understand and is parroting it back into the discussion.

It’s rich, though, that you are calling me out on it after accusing me of political point scoring yesterday on the same thread. Some would suggest that that was needless and didn’t need to personally dig at either side.

It’s the first time I’ve been on this thread for a couple of days so can I ask if anybody has been arrested for the murders? Do we know anything about the motives yet?

Last edited:
The problem with black-on-black violence, however, can often be traced back to the same starting points. Violence and particularly gang violence is more likely to occur in poorer communities (you saw the same thing in poor white communities like Glasgow in the past). Because of unequal opportunities (many historical, but some current), black people are more likely to live in those poorer communities. Because of unequal policing, they are more likely to get caught for those infringements and end up in the criminal justice system, which further reduces their opportunities (especially in America, but a criminal record isn't going to help anywhere). They are therefore more likely to turn to things like drug dealing and other criminal activities where you can make money and status quickly (the basic psychology of young men everywhere). And then are more likely to get caught up in the associated violence. So even when talking about black-on-black violence, we're often still talking about institutionalized racial discrimination as well as the class system as major contributing factors. Incidentally, I think in the UK they would do far better to focus on the class issues rather than the race ones, because I think they're actually a more important factor and if dealt with, would deliver the biggest improvement in prospects for black people.

Immigrants typically tend to move to poor inner city areas as they move country with very little money.

I’m not sure that it’s the fault of Britain that happens and I’m not sure they should be handed stuff on a plate at the expense of those already here, they should work to get out of that position, as many of them already do.

There’s enough opportunities out there, I’ve got 5 GCSE’s and had to work hard in call centres on minimum wage before getting a break.

I’m not saying I’m as bad off as immigrants or BAME people or even white people in inner city council estates but there are opportunities and being poor isn’t an excuse for murdering people.

Immigrants typically tend to move to poor inner city areas as they move country with very little money.

I’m not sure that it’s the fault of Britain that happens and I’m not sure they should be handed stuff on a plate at the expense of those already here, they should work to get out of that position, as many of them already do.

There’s enough opportunities out there, I’ve got 5 GCSE’s and had to work hard in call centres on minimum wage before getting a break.

I’m not saying I’m as bad off as immigrants or BAME people or even white people in inner city council estates but there are opportunities and being poor isn’t an excuse for murdering people.

That's a very good point bud, there can be no excuse for murdering someone.

It’s the first time I’ve been on this thread for a couple of days so can I ask if anybody has been arrested for the murders? Do we know anything about the motives yet?

No but both victims were shot in the head. Stating the obvious but whoever did this is a very dangerous person.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.