Moss Side

Flixton is blue

Do we still hold the majority of support in Moss Side/Hulme even though we've moved?If so will we in the future?

In truth it seems like most of the inhabitants of Moss Side have rarely bothered with the football ....... of the ones that were genuine football fans there were quite a few rags about ........ it was probably a fairly even City/rags split around there amongst local football fans in reality.

Flixton is blue said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
I never thought Moss Side was a huge blue area when we where there and I'm sure it is less so now.
So Moss Side is red?
I would say(I live in Fallowfield), Moss Side was always seemed less Blue than other areas around South Manchester, but when City played at Maine Rd it was still blue, now I see many more red shirts than city shirts(true of alot of areas of Manchester, sadly).

So Moss side was red and your new home Beswick is unquestionably red. Your definetley moving in the right direction (east) but your still about 5 miles shy of Glossop.

Moss Side has been largely made up of immigrants (first or second generation) for the best part of fifty years. Even when we played there i'd have only put it at 25% arsed, max, split slightly in our favour. Nowadays i'd say it's probably less, i'd take a wild stab that one in five locals are serious football fans, probably just in the rags favour, not even an issue. I live within a couple of miles of Old Trafford, it's still pretty split. I've got family who live near Eastlands, again, it's neither noticably one way of the other. As i said in a similar thread recently, overall i'd say Manchester's about 45% not interested, 25% Red, 20% Blue, 10% other. These things change, though. Once we start winning things will pick up the bandwaggoners again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.