Most 'bother' you've ever got into at a football match

marksbluearmy said:
City v Leeds at Elland rd FAC3 7 Jan 1978 i was 16 and it was the most intimidating game i have ever been to. We got bricked on the way into the ground, it well kicked off inside with a pitch invasion and a police horse charge, and then outside it was like Beruit. I got nicked for throwing a stone back, but just got a slap and sent on my way.
I was there. A bloke was carrying his little lad on his shoulders and the lad had a City scarf on. Leeds yobs attacked the bloke, the kid fell off his shoulders and they laid into the dad while the little lad was screaming. Worst thing I've ever seen.

Didsbury Dave said:
i8rags said:
front page of the daily mirror, after notts county debacle, many years ago, we had half the ground and i think we were getting beat 3-o when some uprest started, the managers came on to calm everyone down. i decided the pitch was the place to be so legged it on there, while my mate chalky (remember him)was half way up a floodlight. anyway a copper on a horse felt my collar literally and the photo on the front had me lifted off the floor by the copper and been taken away. the headline read THE UGLY FACE OF FOOTBALL, my mum was so proud and cost me 600.00.

When you refer to Chalky do you mean the black lad. Propper Lad in his day. He used to steward outside the kippax at the entrance where we would go up into the sentenery suite and 100 club?

I was 15 and on an away train to London

I got really pissed and gobby and got smacked right in the mouth of a big ugly city fan

I defo deserved it though

Good work that man

Kenney_The_Blue said:
I've done nothing that bad really just had a few tellings off in the past for throwing bits n bobs and generally just getting carried away in the heat of the moment.

Whats the most bother you've got into a football match?

I once got arrested at Blackpool after a friendly ...... and had scuffles after games at Forest , Spurs and Leeds ...... all in the 1970's ......... other than that i've behaved myself!

Oh , and i walked slapbang into about 40 Middlesboro hoolies , just off Claremont Road , after they'd trashed the Clarence pub before a game one year ....... luckily the cavalry arrived just as i was about to give them a good pasting!

Didsbury Dave said:
i8rags said:
front page of the daily mirror, after notts county debacle, many years ago, we had half the ground and i think we were getting beat 3-o when some uprest started, the managers came on to calm everyone down. i decided the pitch was the place to be so legged it on there, while my mate chalky (remember him)was half way up a floodlight. anyway a copper on a horse felt my collar literally and the photo on the front had me lifted off the floor by the copper and been taken away. the headline read THE UGLY FACE OF FOOTBALL, my mum was so proud and cost me 600.00.

We've met, but for the life of me I can't remember where and when.

But I remember you telling me this tale many many years ago.
i am known by the name geordie and use to frequent cheadle pubs if that helps.

Stevies Bald Head! said:

When you refer to Chalky do you mean the black lad. Propper Lad in his day. He used to steward outside the kippax at the entrance where we would go up into the sentenery suite and 100 club?
thats the very same, use to love going to the games with him and the boys.

i8rags said:
Didsbury Dave said:
We've met, but for the life of me I can't remember where and when.

But I remember you telling me this tale many many years ago.
i am known by the name geordie and use to frequent cheadle pubs if that helps.

I remember the conversation and I remember you were laughing about it, but I just can't place where it was. It probably wasn't much after the game, maybe mid-late 80s.

Shot in the dark, did you have a girlfriend from North Manchester and you got the bus to hers after a game? the X43 which goes through Prestwich?

tommyducks said:
marksbluearmy said:
City v Leeds at Elland rd FAC3 7 Jan 1978 i was 16 and it was the most intimidating game i have ever been to. We got bricked on the way into the ground, it well kicked off inside with a pitch invasion and a police horse charge, and then outside it was like Beruit. I got nicked for throwing a stone back, but just got a slap and sent on my way.
I was there. A bloke was carrying his little lad on his shoulders and the lad had a City scarf on. Leeds yobs attacked the bloke, the kid fell off his shoulders and they laid into the dad while the little lad was screaming. Worst thing I've ever seen.

Animals.

i8rags said:
Stevies Bald Head! said:
thats the very same, use to love going to the games with him and the boys.

Haha very funny always garenteed some sort of cafufell. Used to sit near all the Old school in the sentenary between about 97 - 2001. A lot still on banning orders but with chalky manning the door they were sorted.

Jumped up and celebrated in the Kop at Elland Road after Anelka scored the equalizer against Leeds. To be fair, nothing really happened to me except i got a bit of stick when Viduka scored the pen to make it 2-1.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.