Most 'bother' you've ever got into at a football match

Stevies Bald Head! said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Leeds aren't like they used to be, noone really is

Don't forget, Maine Road had a fearsome reputation back in those days.

Maine Road must have been one of the shadiest grouds for oppositions to come too. On a cold winters night Goodison and Areysome Park are the only ones that come close fear factor wise imo.

boro's old ground for me was the all time worse...closely followed by forest...i had to swim the feckin river trent once at the back of the ground to get away

shadygiz said:
Stevies Bald Head! said:
Maine Road must have been one of the shadiest grouds for oppositions to come too. On a cold winters night Goodison and Areysome Park are the only ones that come close fear factor wise imo.

boro's old ground for me was the all time worse...closely followed by forest...i had to swim the feckin river trent once at the back of the ground to get away

Haa just laughed out loud shady:) Forest always have been a bit nutty. How did this situation occur then mate?

Eds said:
i8rags said:
i am known by the name geordie and use to frequent cheadle pubs if that helps.

'Geordie' did you used to work for a wheel clamp company? If so we know each other from way back. I seem to recall a Friday night before a Derby we were in whats now the Ashlea and we took a walk to the George which was inhabited with our friendly red neighbours :) you also clamped me in Wilmslow but let me off when you saw me return to the car, thanks for that. Re Chalky do you mean the guy who drank in the Dog in Didsbury?
thats me kiddo, did the clamping all over, but wilmslow was my favourite spot, took many a walk round cheadle in them days making sure it was mainly blue. the old railway is the boozer you mean, still makes me smile when i go for a meal in there and the memories that come flooding back. what name do you go as or did back then. also did you have one of them little city kits in your windscreen hanging of the rear view mirror if so i remember it well. take it easy mate.

After the Sheffield Utd cup game. Lost 2-1.

I was about 200 yards away from the violence so we tried to get back into the ground. Only to be refused permission by the Sheffield United Stewards. Some worried looking Sheff. fans walk up and ask to get in. ONLY TO BE GIVEN THE FUCKING KEYS TO THE DOOR AND ARE LET IN! So me and my family legged it away from the violence and off home.

(The stewards were complained about and moved to the opposite end of the ground)

Ive been brought up on a rough estate and im no big hard man but i really dont give to fucks about going to away grounds wether its brummies portsmouth carrdiff etc but im so glad i wasnt around like some of you lot going to places like Leeds. Total respect to you all even if you didnt go for the trouble and just went for the game. Did you get any women and kids going to these places? how fuck could you stand there at Anfield and know that any minute i could get a dart in my head..

Stevies Bald Head! said:
shadygiz said:

Haa just laughed out loud shady:) Forest always have been a bit nutty. How did this situation occur then mate?

came out of ground and got split up by police horses...ran to where i thought was safe and realised i was on the forest side of the police line...so just kept on running, sort of hoping i would do a jesus type walk on water thing.....sadly i was wrong ;)

trouble of a different type, sat on a barrier in the kippax .
bloke behind kept telling me to get down, told him to do one and
find his own seat without even turning round to look at him.
fair lifted me off the barrier by the collar , turned out he was the dibble.
marched me off to the holding area and made me take my laces and belt off.
laugh about it now but at the time remember being really P*ssed off.

got splattered by a 6ft spudz fan when i was 16 (the fa cup game at maine rd) my mate told me i just conked out. there was a mad crush to fight. my pal grabbed me and pulled me up by the biggest bear hug in history! he just stood there grabbing hold of me for what he said seems like ages, if i'd have stayed on the ground i'd most likely been trampled to fuck!

Matt Diablo said:
banged up all nite in a cell with 50 other Blues in Leeds back in the dark ages. After game we were all on top deck going back to the station with the typical verbals with the "Lids" parasites when one of the fuckers threw a brick through one of our windows which transended with bus seats being throw back down on to them.... very messy and all of us got nailed by the very eager dibble.

Had to wait til 4am until those owned up.... Ma was well happy wit that one!! Think one of my kid brothers could unravel a 20 page dossier in his past scrapes when he was a home and every away game blue back in the sweaty Grimsby Div 1 days
1987 Matt i was on it,wonder how many of the other 49 post on here?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.