Most 'bother' you've ever got into at a football match

banged up all nite in a cell with 50 other Blues in Leeds back in the dark ages. After game we were all on top deck going back to the station with the typical verbals with the "Lids" parasites when one of the fuckers threw a brick through one of our windows which transended with bus seats being throw back down on to them.... very messy and all of us got nailed by the very eager dibble.

Had to wait til 4am until those owned up.... Ma was well happy wit that one!! Think one of my kid brothers could unravel a 20 page dossier in his past scrapes when he was a home and every away game blue back in the sweaty Grimsby Div 1 days

marksbluearmy said:
City v Leeds at Elland rd FAC3 7 Jan 1978 i was 16 and it was the most intimidating game i have ever been to. We got bricked on the way into the ground, it well kicked off inside with a pitch invasion and a police horse charge, and then outside it was like Beruit. I got nicked for throwing a stone back, but just got a slap and sent on my way.
I was there and I don't think Beirut was ever that bad!

I had a seat for that as a Leeds friend had got the tickets but travelled over with some mates from Manchester. The City fans were locked in but that just gave the Leeds fans time to get round from their end and it was like an artillery barrage of bricks and bottles.

I was heading slowly back to the big car park behind the greyhound stadium and had my scarf well hidden but then they let the City fans out and they charged the Leeds fans en masse. I was faced with hundreds of City fans charging towards me and quickly whipped my scarf out to avoid getting battered.

Blackburn Away, we got in their end, because it was 50p cheaper, match held up for twenty minutes. Oldham away, hamburger stall set on fire and entire ground swamped with blues. Notts County away, was mentioned in a previous post. We took 15,000 out of a gate of 18,500. Chelsea away, finally caught. Inciting riot and public disorder, threatening words and behaviour, resisting arrest and assaulting an officer. They weren't pleased.

Matt Diablo said:
funny there is defo some Leeds links going on here, imagine if/when they get back up! The Hooly stats will start shooting through the roof again...

Leeds aren't like they used to be, noone really is

Don't forget, Maine Road had a fearsome reputation back in those days.

Didsbury Dave said:
Matt Diablo said:
funny there is defo some Leeds links going on here, imagine if/when they get back up! The Hooly stats will start shooting through the roof again...

Leeds aren't like they used to be, noone really is

Don't forget, Maine Road had a fearsome reputation back in those days.

Maine Road must have been one of the shadiest grouds for oppositions to come too. On a cold winters night Goodison and Areysome Park are the only ones that come close fear factor wise imo.

leeds,everton,liverpool,boro,newcastle, brum all bad away days in for me 70s n 80s plus forest a nothing night game away last game of season one year fighting all the way to and from the ground to the station,glad its not half as bad nowadays am to old to run now!!

i8rags said:
Stevies Bald Head! said:
When you refer to Chalky do you mean the black lad. Propper Lad in his day. He used to steward outside the kippax at the entrance where we would go up into the sentenery suite and 100 club?
thats the very same, use to love going to the games with him and the boys.

He used to let us in the 100 club and chuck rags out on Derby day

Saw him at Blackburn when we got promoted too. He was buzzing

i8rags said:
Didsbury Dave said:
We've met, but for the life of me I can't remember where and when.

But I remember you telling me this tale many many years ago.
i am known by the name geordie and use to frequent cheadle pubs if that helps.

'Geordie' did you used to work for a wheel clamp company? If so we know each other from way back. I seem to recall a Friday night before a Derby we were in whats now the Ashlea and we took a walk to the George which was inhabited with our friendly red neighbours :) you also clamped me in Wilmslow but let me off when you saw me return to the car, thanks for that. Re Chalky do you mean the guy who drank in the Dog in Didsbury?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.