Most deluded supporters

If there was a prize for the greatest under achievers in English football. It would be between Aston Villa biggest team in England's second City and Leeds Utd largest City in England to have only one team. Don't dislike either of them,got to respect Leeds for their pathological hatred of the rags and Villa were sound when we were both shit. Wouldn't mind either competing for trophies and champions league places ain't going to happen anytime soon.

If there was a prize for the greatest under achievers in English football. It would be between Aston Villa biggest team in England's second City and Leeds Utd largest City in England to have only one team. Don't dislike either of them,got to respect Leeds for their pathological hatred of the rags and Villa were sound when we were both shit. Wouldn't mind either competing for trophies and champions league places ain't going to happen anytime soon.
If it's trophies we're looking at (I've already indicated my misgivings about that), Newcastle are surely up there with them? Only club in a fairly large city, and the biggest in the north-east — last champions in the 1920s! Ok, they've won a fair few F.A. Cups since then, I believe. And one European trophy — the Fairs Cup, as it then was, back in ’69.

90 % of Aston Villas trophies were won over 100 years ago. They've also been consistently below us in average attendances. The most fickle set of bastards in football.
Someone put it more succinctly on a previous similar type of thread -
"Villa won most of their trophies when Jack the Ripper was bothering whores in the East End of London" !!

Spuds fans are right up there.

The thick tw@ts have won an Audi cup and a Tiger beer trophy in the last 15 years.

The only argument they have now is whether Bruce Springsteen would rather play their stadium than ours.

I think you've got a bit the wrong end of the stick, mate. It's the part I've put in bold that I find ludicrous, i.e. what they're saying, not what you're saying.
Yes, it's true they claim it. As do many others. It's just such a pointless thing for them or anyone else to say.
think you touched a nerve when you mentioned cocks in the gents :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.